tattoodan
    @

Can anyone translate this symbol, or know someone who can?
    Any help would be appreciated…drunken tattoos are the worst..

l_3d84abe3198f4535a156b0e61ec99e1f.jpg

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

nice intro……… not

try making yourself known before diving in for info, you might be surprised….. someone might try to help you.

GoldenKizzeh
    Participant
    @goldenkizzeh

…drunken tattoos are the worst..

Fool of a took!

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo

Is that YOUR drunken tattoo???

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I will ask a friend he is fluent in Chinese and knows some Japanese.
    Will take me a day or 2 to catch up with him – will post up if he knows the answer.

Take care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

how did you manage to get a tattoo done if you was drunk ?
    its not the 1950’s

i dont think anyone but a mate in a bedroom would tattoo someone drunk .
    it might say egg fry rice

GoldenKizzeh
    Participant
    @goldenkizzeh

Tell everyone it represents the evils of Alcohol abuse.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Looks like marker pen to me

oedozakura
    Participant
    @oedozakura

Translation and comment follows.

This (very mangled character) can be spelled [ KI ] with Romanized Japanese and pronounced in English similar to [ KEY ].

Examples of how this character can be read in Japanese in combination with another character and/or used as an individual tattoo are:

– 兄 貴 > 兄 = ANI + 貴 = KI = ANIKI and translated to English as [ one’s senior; one’s elder brother ]. Frequently used by new/just initiated/younger/junior Yakuza as a term of familiarity and respect when speaking to their elder, experienced, higher ranked brothers. By itself not in combination with another character [ 貴 ] can be translated as precious; value; prize; esteem; honor and used as a suffix as it is with [ 兄 + 貴 ]

– 貴族 > 貴 = KI + 族 = ZOKU = KIZOKU and translated to English as [ noble; aristocrat ].

– 貴殿 > 貴 = KI + 殿 = DEN = KIDEN and translated to English as [ YOU ] and primarily used by Japanese men in letters to their male equals or superiors

– Example email from a certain individual addressed to a business associate using [ KIDEN ] showing his respect.

– 熱い日が続きますが、[ 貴殿 ] におかれましては、益々、ご盛栄の事と存じ上げます。

– Chinese variant > 贵

Respect.

tattootranslation@gmail.com

ExaberationofDecay
    Participant
    @exaberationofdecay

It looks like you got lucky, even mangled it was translated and had a decent meaning. Hopefully it is small, a professional could clean it up to a certain degree, or get it covered up.

Off topic. It *does* look like marker pen, are you having a bit ‘o fun with us? 😉 If not I hope it isn’t ink from a pen.

Completely off topic. The first thing I thought looking at it, is that it looks like a pissed off E.T with funky ribs giving the one fingered salute to someone. No offense, you could actually make something interesting out of that…

Being serious now, I hope you can get it fixed if it is a real tattoo, on second thought a cover up would be best. The lines are so close that even with a good rework areas of it would blur together as time goes by. Best of luck!

oedozakura
    Participant
    @oedozakura

Check out oedozakura’s Albums for unmangled [ KI ], dragons, gods, and female demons.

tattootranslation@gmail.com

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666
    Butterfly_Kisses;36880 wrote:
    Looks like marker pen to me

Did you try washing it off?? LOL

tatsya
    @

LOL…It seem like no one really know what its mean…it is a taiwan’s chinese character and its mean “expensive”…with the “?” its mean “was it expensive”…hope this will help you guys pull out from the bush….chaoz!;)

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Haha! Seems a lot like permanent marker to me…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.