Nichola C
    @

there are more people out there with tattoos than without now.
    as long as its not massive, or gonna be on show every day then they cant NOT give you the job because of it. as long as your not covered head to foot in them.
    i have got 5 tattoos and i was told by my employer than if i was to get another one then i would get a warning. but there are some guys that i work with who have theres on show. so i have my 6th one booked in

Decoy Duck
    @

Not only will it affect the chances of obtaining the job you desire, it will also affect any pain medications you may choose to give birth to a baby. Imagine what your tattoo would look like (on ANY area of your body) when you reach retirement age…….

TheLostOne
    @

any job you get in the future, might require you to cover it up, its called “unprofessional”. so yeah get a tattoo somewhere that is easy to cover up. i like guys who have tattoos on their backs. =D good luck

eminemluverxoxo
    @

Yea I think a job with the FBI would especially look diff at you if you had a visible tattoo.. but i guess you need to think of what you WANT .. would you want to jepordize a career for this.. or is it something u want sooo bad .. that you think you deserve it?? Its up too you plan wisely..

alec
    @

depends where you get it if it is visible like on your arm and stuff and it is depending on the job you are applying for

melissa
    Participant
    @melissa

try getting a tattoo in a place where its not that visible like on the back of your neck, on your back where it could easily be covered. Most jobs think body art is unprofessional, but in your case working in the FBI might make you seem tougher 🙂

soren
    @

Not sure but if i were conducting job interviews I would def look differently at someone with a tattoo, not that I wouldnt hire them at all but would look at them diff…

Valentine Kitty
    @

well i don’t know about that particular job but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to just call up your local law enforcment and ask them. it might depend on what it is as well as where it is. and if you really do want to work for the fbi or whatever you’ll need to do undercover work so it might even be an asset in a job like that…maybe it will make you look tougher or something. LOL…good luck and happy holidays!

Janice D
    @

A lot of jobs are more “liberal” than most people think. However, from personal experience I would reccommend a place that can be easily covered. And there are a ton of places that are covered so you shouldn’t have a problem! Lots of professionals have tattoos, so don’t let that stop you from doing something you want to do.

thisxbabe
    @

um, wheres the tatoo your planning…

write this in the additional details.

Operator
    @

Yes. I would definatley get a tattoo that you can get covered so that you can hide it. Having visible tattoo’s can hinder people from getting jobs that they want.

kaitlyn
    @

yes it will get on once you have the job

zayneb
    @

Never get a tattoo in a place that cannot be easily concealed. Many, if not most companies have policies against visible tattoos. I worked at a museum once, a place of cultural tolerance, you would think, that prohibited any visible tattoos, even cultural ones. So think very carefully about what you get and where you get it.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.