yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@peterpoose 139848 wrote:

Here is some examples of depth against your tattoo, hope you understand the difference? 🙂

I tried to find similar ones to yours but then kind of just went a bit mad lol There are literally thousands I could have chosen though 🙂

28a0w9.jpg

264lzjt.jpg

30vyg0h.jpg

1z4evc2.jpg

334668m.jpg

2hhoc91.jpg

ay2hvr.jpg

20it5ko.jpg

to be completely fair, while i agree it is a little flat, you can’t really compare a healed tattoo vs a fresh tattoo from a world class artist lol.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@yodaddynukka 139849 wrote:

to be completely fair, while i agree it is a little flat, you can’t really compare a healed tattoo vs a fresh tattoo from a world class artist lol.

Lol no ofc not I was just trying to let him see the difference so he understands depth at the other end of the scale:)

Also not being funny but most of these so called best artists are accessible by most with some dedication and research and in the least sense an artist could be found relatively easily that would knock the OP’s tattoo out of the park.

I’m sorry but to me it’s a very poorly done tattoo.

How else are people to be educated than to see some of the best stuff to compare to 🙂

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@peterpoose 139851 wrote:

Lol no ofc not I was just trying to let him see the difference so he understands depth at the other end of the scale:)

Also not being funny but most of these so called best artists are accessible by most with some dedication and research and in the least sense an artist could be found relatively easily that would knock the OP’s tattoo out of the park.

I’m sorry but to me it’s a very poorly done tattoo.

How else are people to be educated than to see some of the best stuff to compare to 🙂

word up!!!!!122343

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

And the picture he posted was from when it was fresh. So I think the comparison is cool.

Ethismos; See what I’m talking about? Glad you’re taking it okay, some people don’t deal well with hearing their tattoo isn’t as good as they thought..
    For an eye such as you describe, I’d be more into going with an eye without an iris and pupil, maybe pale blue, bright, some light cloudiness etc, to clearly distance it and make it look really cool. Yours.. It just looks like bad work. Sometimes the idea and intention is great, but the execution not so much.
    I’ve got some bad tattoos myself, and I went to some horrible artists. But they’re part of a learning process, and I’m not going to remove them. But you’re here now, check out Peter’s list, see what can actually be done with tattoos these days, and do better next time.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I have some great tattoos. And one fixer-upper. Guess which came first? And guess what my opinion was of that one when I got it. Now every time I add another awesome piece that one looks worse. Someday I’ll have it fixed up. Luckily it is usually hidden, even I hardly see it.

It took me a long time to be able to ‘see’ what these guys are talking about. But after looking at LOTS and LOTS of tattoos, and learning from the fine folk here, I do ‘see’ the difference. Sometimes not as clearly as these guys, but if I think one looks OK and they comment otherwise I go take another look at it to see what they are describing. Because I am still learning, too. To learn what makes a good tattoo you have to look at the good the bad and the ugly.

It is really hard not to get defensive when someone criticizes your tattoo – you are doing an admiral job of accepting what is being said. And your tattoo could be a lot worse. But it could have been a great deal better, too.

I hope you stick around, learn, and that your next one is so good that when you show it to us you can say “in your face!!” to us all.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

OP please don’t say that is the way I wanted it, None walks in to a tattooist and says “please can I have a flat poorly done tattoo”.
    The best way to handle it is except that it isn’t a good tattoo and move on to much better tattoos in your future. I understand that it is hard to hear that a part of you that you thought was great isn’t so. Nobody here will blow smoke up your ass and tell you that it is good. (we ran those pansies out of here a long time ago)

Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

Well, you will have to let me be a little snarky (if this is the right word). While those tattoos are awesome, in my eyes they are trying to be realistic, look the best they can, be a real face. I wanted a sketch, not a drawing or a foto.
    Don’t know if i’m expressing well what I am trying to say, hope you understand.

To give you a picture of my mindset, i took a look on that list and it has a few guys somehow close to me. I knew about theese guys before i got the tattoo, I just don’t like their artistic style. Don’t get me wrong, their tattoos are great, they just don’t fit my taste. But when I saw work from my tattoo artist i liked it right away. I had been thinking about getting a tattoo for 3 years, but i never felt ok with the artists, untill I saw this guys portfolio.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.