Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I’m an aspiring tattoo artist who can’t afford an apprenticeship, but fortunately I have a lot of friends and family willing to be my victims, er, canvases! 😀 Everyone here seems pretty friendly and helpful, and the pics and threads are very inspiring and encouraging. Looking forward to being a long time member!

GHustle
Participant
@ghustle

hey mate 🙂 welcome.post some of your work 😉

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum matey.

Post up some of your work

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

GreenDragon
Participant
@greendragon
Dave Van;88822 wrote:
I’m an aspiring tattoo artist who can’t afford an apprenticeship, but fortunately I have a lot of friends and family willing to be my victims, er, canvases! 😀 Everyone here seems pretty friendly and helpful, and the pics and threads are very inspiring and encouraging. Looking forward to being a long time member!

Greetings from Cincinnati!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Fucking scratcher

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Gotta be one in every group, doesn’t there? I suppose you started as a pro?

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Alright, guys. Here are a few of my first efforts.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Okay guys, despite the wonderfully supportive words of Mr. Butthead there, I have decided to post a couple of pics of some early efforts. Very new, so please be kind but honest. Thanks!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Never mind. I suck at this forum shit. I guess if people want to look at my stuff they gotta click the link above.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Dave you have some talent do yourself a favor and get an apprenticeship. That being said when looking for your apprenticeship DO NOT mention that you have tattooed before this will close so many doors to you. Put together a portfolio of your drawings and do it right. For now your just another fucking scratcher.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Well, if I had six grand, I’d jump on it, but I am unemployed and barely eating, so it’s not an option. Thanks for the compliment, though. 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Most legit apprenticeships are free. Anyone that is charging 6 grand is just in it for the money not the art. Your unemployed what better time to go find a proper apprenticeship. for now put down the machine. you are teaching yourself bad habits that are going to be hard to break when someone is trying to show you proper procedures.(that’s why you shouldn’t tell them you’ve tattooed)

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Okay, thanks man. I’ll renew my search. Might have to move, though. :p But, I guess if I really want to do this, I gotta do whatever it takes. Thanks again for the advice and honesty.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.