tats1974
Participant
@tats1974

I am looking into getting my first tattoo of a rose and butterfly on my lower spine.

I want this tattoo in memory of my late father. The anniversary of his death is this Feb. He passed away in Feb 2009. My questions and concerns are..I have a 3 inch scar from a previous back surgery and would like to tattoo over that and read somewhere I could. The other catch is I may have to go for a second spine surgery. Would it be silly to have this done? I wont put it anywhere else on my body..that’s where I would like it to hide the ugly scar.

I was planning to make the scar the stem of the rose so shouldn’t be to hard to touch up later if needed
I have been turned down by 3 surgeons and only one left to hear from and its been 1.5yrs so I’m thinking I may not be getting the surgery after all.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is my very first tattoo and I’m excited and nervous for it all at the same time..lol

I look forward to your feedback

Thank you

Tats

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Well, if you’re due for another surgery some time soon then you should consider waiting.

tats1974
Participant
@tats1974

hey thanks all for the advice.

I may consider a different spot I really want it in February in honor of my dads passing. As for my surgery I have been waiting 2 yrs already and have had no luck finding a surgeon so may not ever get the surgery. If I did it wont be for a while and it will be a 1 inch incision next time.

Anyway thanks again for all the feedback this site is great for newbies like me who don’t have a clue about tattoos and the process involved.

Thanks

Tats

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I would say stay away from the scar, especially since you may have further surgeries. Why not another location?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.