bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Well… I went to the shop yesterday for my session. All done!!!!

The artists name is Thomas Asher, he is a guest artist at the shop which is called Reykjavik Ink.

He started tattooing around 18:00, we finished around 01:00, about 7 hours later. I´d say total time in the chair about 5,5 hours.

You wouldn´t believe how happy I am with how this turned out. I will need to get some touch ups done, you can see the old tattoo underneath the new one in a few places, we´ll try and touch those up and see if we can´t hide the old one a bit better.

Pics for you! Looking forward to your feedback.

img00270x.jpg

img00272y.jpg

img00271g.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

most cover up tattoo’s you can still see a little of the old tattoo there , its mainly because you know its there.
    the tattoos look very well done i like them both but if choosing them myself i would not of put them together
    but all in all very nice.

one strange thing tho …… it doesnt look like a fresh tattoo :confused:

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil
    Butterfly_Kisses;46435 wrote:
    most cover up tattoo’s you can still see a little of the old tattoo there , its mainly because you know its there.
    the tattoos look very well done i like them both but if choosing them myself i would not of put them together
    but all in all very nice.

one strange thing tho …… it doesnt look like a fresh tattoo :confused:

Yeah, I understand. I´m actually really surprised at how well he was able to cover it up.

I know what you mean about putting these two designs together, but to me this is more like two tattoos rather than one. They are both Japanese influenced, the bird idea came from a Japanese art book the artist had bought recently. Originally he had a Koi fish thing in mind for the coverup, but when I came in yesterday he wanted to do something different. I told him I was open to pretty much anything and suggested a few things to incorporate into the tattoo, including the Hannya. I always saw myself getting one sometime as I´ve always loved the look and story behind them, but I really didn´t see it fitting well with a Koi fish tatto. So I am really happy with the direction we took on this.

Don´t know why it doesn´t look like a fresh tattoo… it feels damn fresh to me 😀

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i especially like the hanya mask
    my partner has gotten himself all addicted to tattoos and wants a half sleeve with 2 of them in it
    one facing in and one facing out . 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.