KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Got my newest piece started today. It’s a little more high concept than my normal pieces, relatively speaking. Usually I just throw a noun and a couple adjectives at my artist, like “Zombie Squid”, or “Zombie Koi”, or “Steampunk Cyborg Squid”, or “Clitoris Demon”, and let him run. Hell, after 11 years I ought to trust Troy Coe of Lambadi City Tattoos. He’s lasted longer than any of my marriages.

I wanted it done sort of like a movie poster, for the greatest slasher flick that will never be made. In the center are the two main characters from the comic book Hack/Slash, Cassie and Vlad. Those two hunt and kill slashers, but due to copyright issues never get to fight the big names–except Chucky, but fuck him, the only good ones he did was Child’s Play and Curse of Chucky. They’re going to be surrounded by a black mist, and out of the mist will be stepping Jason, Freddy, the Slenderman, and Pinhead.

It’s not such of a much yet. Thing is going to end up taking up my entire right leg, front and back, below the knee, but for now I’ve gotten the outline and some shading done on Cassie and Vlad. Next time around my man Troy is going to add the color to them, then session after that the big guys start coming in.

10408806_10204066207719997_3222476926055789309_n.jpg

10348276_10204066208400014_8920807617747867229_n.jpg

Solid start, yeah?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I like it, needs a nice background but i am sure you got that covered in the future 🙂

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Looks like a great statr. Keep us posted.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Must include leatherface

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

@jerryatrophy 140378 wrote:

Must include leatherface

Nah, that’s not going to happen. I always thought Leatherface was overrated. He was in exactly one great movie: the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. All of the sequels and remakes pretty much stunk. The only exception is that sequel they made to the original film about two years ago, which was confusingly also called The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and even that one was just barely ok. He spends half the movie as the monster murdering teenagers, then the last half as the good guy murdering corrupt hick cops. I mean, what the fuck man? What. The. FUCK?

I am going to do a similar piece to this one on my left leg, though Cassie and Vlad are going to be replaced with Ash and Harry Dresden, and the big name slashers will be Pumpkin Head, Michael, and two others who I’m still trying to choose. But Leatherface? Never. Michael is lucky he’s getting a spot, and that’s mostly because I like the concept and it’ll make my new wife happy since he’s her favorite.

And yes, I know Pumpkin Head only has one good movie, but DAMN I love that one! 😀

peterpoose wrote:

I like it, needs a nice background but i am sure you got that covered in the future

Yup, pretty much. This thing is barely started yet. Stupid needing money for bills and not ink!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

sorry,but it just does’nt have that “wow” factor IMO.

ya,I think it needs more.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

@NorCalDan 140415 wrote:

sorry,but it just does’nt have that “wow” factor IMO.

ya,I think it needs more.

Well, yeah, it’s less than 10% done. This is going to be a massive, complex piece when it’s done. I’m looking at 10 more sessions minimum. It doesn’t look like anything yet because it isn’t anything…yet.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Leatherface is the batman of horror. Just a regular guy trying to make a difference.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.