ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Well, you’re not going to get that removed just yet (IIRC it takes some months to heal before you can start zapping it) but definitely get a consultation. You may also be able to expedite the destruction process by basically doing everything you shouldn’t do to a new piece of ink. Do a lot of tanning, for instance. Although that might just get you cancer in the end, so maybe that’s not such a solid plan :p

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Wait till it’s start scabbing and soak in the bath for about a hour whilst occasionally rubbing the scab lightly.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 125948 wrote:

Wait till it’s start scabbing.

Wardy dear… read the thread title 😉

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ArniVidar 125949 wrote:

Wardy dear… read the thread title 😉

As soon as you told me that i realised haha!

MusiCA99
    Participant
    @musica99

@ArniVidar 125947 wrote:

Well, you’re not going to get that removed just yet (IIRC it takes some months to heal before you can start zapping it) but definitely get a consultation. You may also be able to expedite the destruction process by basically doing everything you shouldn’t do to a new piece of ink. Do a lot of tanning, for instance. Although that might just get you cancer in the end, so maybe that’s not such a solid plan :p

I got the tat back in January actually…so it’s been almost 4 months…the touch up was done in Feb

MusiCA99
    Participant
    @musica99

@MusiCA99 125951 wrote:

I got the tat back in January actually…so it’s been almost 4 months…the touch up was done in Feb

not sure why i put 2 months in the thread title lol… doesnt feel like that long ago i guess

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@MusiCA99 125936 wrote:

I e-mailed the shop I got it done at, said I wasn’t happy and that it wasn’t done well and they genuinely seemed concerned that I wasn’t happy…going in to meet with the shop owner next week to see what (if anything) can be done.

Also booked a consultation at a tattoo removal place..which is kind of what I’m learning towards….don’t think it can be saved.

That is great that you see that we are actually trying to help, So many people hear what they don’t want to hear and run away crying from here.

please before letting the shop owner tattoo you post a link to his portfolio here. Best of luck on this.

I think Erin Chance is tattooing out of Toronto now. Erin Chance Tattoo | Tattoo

MusiCA99
    Participant
    @musica99

@buttwheat 125962 wrote:

That is great that you see that we are actually trying to help, So many people hear what they don’t want to hear and run away crying from here.

please before letting the shop owner tattoo you post a link to his portfolio here. Best of luck on this.

I think Erin Chance is tattooing out of Toronto now. Erin Chance Tattoo | Tattoo

I do appreciate it. Tough love haha. Like I said, I knew it was bad…just didn’t wanna admit it to myself.

I will keep you guys posted 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Thaela 125932 wrote:

Sorry you’re not happy with your tattoo, it’s got to be a horrible feeling 🙁 I have to agree though that it’s not well done.

I was a tattoo newbie too, but I researched tons of shops in my area, and then joined this forum to read and lurk for awhile to get an idea of what makes a good tattoo good, and a bad tattoo bad. I also posted the artists portfolio who I was interested and got feedback on if the members here thought he was decent. I did all this *before* making an appointment with the artist, because I knew that if I was going to get something permanently inked on my body, I wanted to be damn sure I did everything I could to ensure I’d be happy with the results and it would be well-done. I don’t have any big, intricate pieces but it was still important to me to do my research first, rather than be disappointed and unhappy later.

Holy crap, Thaela. You might be the smartest person on this forum. The most prepared for your first tattoo, for sure. You should be proud!!

Most of us learn the hard way. Although my first one is really good, still love it. For me the second was my failure – and it is not terrrrible. It just looks worse every time I get another great one. Gonna have to fix that sucker up, one of these days.

MusiCA99
    Participant
    @musica99

So, i went back to the shop i got it done at….booked an appt to talk to someone else there when the guy who did my tat wasnt in….a few guys looked at it, were def not impressed by the ink job and said theyd try to even out some lines, but were scared that the lines would be too close together and look like a big blob. they suggested doing some sort of shading behind it in a diff colour, but i figured that would only make it worse if/when i go to get it lasered.

They didn’t think it was done well. Without downright saying “wtf happened here” they were def questioning how the other guy did it so poorly.

Looks like it will be getting lasered..really didnt wanna 🙁

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

@MusiCA99 125900 wrote:

See, I did give him a print-out of a design I wanted and he altered it slightly, but not much. I did try and do some research and look into places, so went to a reputable place and they showed me some of his work and put me with him. There’s no question I wanted a treble clef, but yeah something about it isn’t sitting right with me. Kinda freaks me out that I’m unhappy with something permanent on my skin……I may look into removal as an option later on, but know that it is painful and leaves a scar.

I did my first tattoo laser removal session a few weeks ago. The lady told me it’d feel like hot grease splattering on my skin, which freaked me out. Turned out it wasn’t bad at all. I’d put it at the same amount of pain as a tattoo…and my whole peck took 20 min to do. Definitely go somewhere where they numb it with cold air if you do, apparently not all places do that!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I kind of went through the same thing the OP did with a horribly done tattoo. I was originally going to go to the guy I go to now for my first one but couldn’t afford it at the time. My fiance’s sister in law had a friend who had moved here from Germany who used to tattoo and wanted to get back into it. Well she redrew my original design to make it more tasteful and off we went (didnt cost me a thing mind you). We did 3 1/2 hours the first time. Her machine wasn’t good, it kept cutting out. She couldn’t get the color to go in right and the lines were F’ed up to put it simply. We came back at it 2 weeks later for another hour and a half to try and get the color to stay and it didn’t so I just dealt with it. Now, when I started going to my current artist and saw what he could do I automatically asked him to redo it for me. He didn’t realize how bad it was until he got up close to it. I’m definitely glad I decided to go elsewhere my second time around, I wouldn’t have gone back to her even if she was the last tattoo artist on earth (or at least in my area!).

Glad to know you learned a lesson from it and it is to bad you didn’t like your tattoo to begin with. I hope you can get it fixed and make it look as awesome as it should be!

This was before I got this tattoo fixed up:

032.jpg

And after! Sooo much better and I absolutely love it now! I loved the initial design, I just regretted where I chose to go

315661_10150376133218556_58560508555_8194702_1080954151_n.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Great!
    That’s one to be proud of.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

hell of a nice save on that one. Nicely done

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Yea it was horrible to begin with. Like I said, no regrets on the design, just regrets on where I went. I feel horrible for the OP though

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.