Hellafax
Participant
@hellafax

Hey guys, First time poster here looking for some advice.

I got this Salvador Dali elephant done by a local artist a couple years ago. Currently I’m working on a black and grey sleeve for this same arm with an apocalypse/end of the world theme and was trying to think up ways to incorporate the elephant into the sleeve without it looking out of place. One idea i have is to put a gothic ruins-type arch around it, have everything inside the arch colored and everything else B&G. Kind of like a mirage. Let me know what you think of this or if you have any other ideas, I’m open to everything.
Used MS Paint to give you an idea of where my heads at.
szmgf.jpg
Looking ideas, not crits on the tattoo itself.
Much appreciated,

Hella

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

I like the idea. When I saw the picture (before reading the post), I initially thought the idea was a bit different. I visualized gothic, church style mosaic glass window things, if you get my drift. Like when you go into the church, and there are the panes of colored glass depicting biblical characters and scenes, scenes from a gone world if you may. I could see the elephant being a colored pane from the world, pre-apocalyptic in the glass-and an apocalypse outside the pane. Just my two cents, whatever you do, make sure to go to a STELLAR artist (like forum member peterpoose, make sure to check out his sleeve) and post pics when its done. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hellafax
Participant
@hellafax

Yes, right on the money! That’s the kind of idea i was looking for, just couldn’t quite put it into words. When i ran this by my artist, he was impressed with my creativity but i couldn’t take the credit and showed him this website! Next session is in 5 days will post pics ASAP. Respect iggybuddi!

-Hella

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

@Hellafax 119233 wrote:

Yes, right on the money! That’s the kind of idea i was looking for, just couldn’t quite put it into words. When i ran this by my artist, he was impressed with my creativity but i couldn’t take the credit and showed him this website! Next session is in 5 days will post pics ASAP. Respect iggybuddi!

-Hella

Haha, bad ass. I feel like a smart kid now ๐Ÿ™‚ Make sure to post pics, can’t wait to see it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.