schafe15
Participant
@schafe15

The idea behind my tattoo is that 1) I am a leo; therefor a lion. 2)I have 2 sisters, and a brother. All 4 of our names start with the letter ‘c’, so thats why theres a stick of c4 on the heart. And one of my favorite songs, for some odd reason, not sure why, is called ‘heart of a lion’…

2hmk3eh.png

I am not an artistic person by any means, and I kind of rushed this tattoo.. I feel that the lion is sort of 2 dimensional; and all the mane/fur looks like I could have done it myself with a pen. I chose to go with a hallmark heart, even though the tattooist suggested a real life beating heart (looking back in 20/20, I wish I went with the gruesome beating heart instead).

so a few things

1)do you think I should bother getting the fur/mane of the lion touched up? (And if so; anything else that looks like I should get fixed at the same time?)

2) Is it disrespectful to go to the SAME shop, but ask a different artist to fix his coworkers art piece? (The guy that I am thinking of does AMAZING works with animals; he just happens to work with the girl that did this one. I dont really like changing shops either, I am sort of comfortable with the way my shop works)

I will post the inside of my arm shortly. Need someone to take a picture of it for me

schafe15
Participant
@schafe15

Here is the inside of my arm. Its not finished; I wanted time to make sure I get it all to flow together properly; so far which it isnt. Hannya mask with 3 flowers (only 2 are visible, the third is on the back of my arm). 1 flower is my gf of 7 years favorite flower, 1 for my mother, and 1 for my step mother.

2rxb3tf.png
1zxxug5.png

Amok
Participant
@amok

The main issue is that you got a tattoo about yourself.

Just jokes.

I wouldn’t go back to the same shop as it would be pretty awkward. I certainly wouldn’t go back to the same artist. I think the lion looks ok it’s just a weird pose to choose. That hannya mask however is awful. Get it fixed at another shop.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the artist is not good, hanyna looks like a freakin chimp, lion stinks, I would have these worked on a bit by a great artist, they can be omproved, alot, good luck

schafe
Participant
@schafe
mrchen;117633 wrote:
the artist is not good, hanyna looks like a freakin chimp, lion stinks, I would have these worked on a bit by a great artist, they can be omproved, alot, good luck

How do you think they can be improved? I don’t want to go to a shop and say “fix this”, I would prefer to say “can you fix this part, make this more like that, fix that part” etc etc..

It’s tough knowing you fucked up half your arm. I appreciate the honesty though.

So you guys think that it could still be salvaged though?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Noway in hell should you go back to the same shop. Find the best artist you can find that will be willing to try to fix it. You got to give him credit for shoving 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound sack.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Am I the only one that really likes this lol?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I know some guys that can fix anything!

Vince Villavazo here in atlanta at mystic owl can turn a shit pile into a butterfly fairy
Tim Pangburn can cover of fix anything, ever

why dont you let the board know where you live, how far your willing to travel and maybe they can shout out some ideas,

no doubt, Im not trying to bust your ass, people trust tattoo artists to do good work, but there are too many artists with not enough talent, and you are caught unaware

good tattoos are ok, I like great fucking jaw dropping tattoos!

schafe
Participant
@schafe

How u guys think I can fix it? Which parts specifically(if any).

Sorry; I live in Ottawa Ontario.

Is this is BAD tattoo?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

It’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be, but it ain’t nothing to be proud of either. It’s honestly a big, steaming pile of meh.

And you should under no circumstances go back to THAT shop. Ever.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

schafe
Participant
@schafe
KnightHawk;117694 wrote:
It’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be, but it ain’t nothing to be proud of either. It’s honestly a big, steaming pile of meh.

And you should under no circumstances go back to THAT shop. Ever.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Makes me feel a little better, haha.
I would rather it just be a ‘meh’ tat then one that people will point and laugh.

Does this require the picasso of tattoo artists to fix it? Or will some minor tweaks make a big difference?

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
schafe;117649 wrote:
How u guys think I can fix it? Which parts specifically(if any).

Sorry; I live in Ottawa Ontario.

Is this is BAD tattoo?

It lacks depth and strength, it’s not a BAD drawing, but it’s not a GREAT tattoo, if that makes sense. It needs a good rework imo!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.