JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Thanks guys…. I feel better knowing I’m not the only one that admits it’s not pleasant a lot of the time.

The outside of the calf wasn’t that bad.. I’d gladly go over that part again, but yeah BigAl that back of the calf is another story. Also where the front wing is on the top of the shin was not my favorite moment either.

mrchen – Being comfortable makes a lot of sense. I’m definitely comfortable with the artist, place (although the tatt room is kinda dungeonish LOL), made sure I ate, drank, and used the facilities beforehand……. SLEEP on the other hand was an issue. I’d been up for about 22 hours by the time I got to the chair. Also… coffee. I think I read someone on the board saying caffeine isn’t a good idea.

Afterwards I’m not nearly as sore today as I was last time, although some areas are still swollen, so I don’t get that. Where the ends of the tail are feels like an Easter egg under the skin.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
yodaddynukka;98973 wrote:
Nice ink!

I had a 9hr session and the very next day a 6hr session. I also drove 6hrs to do a 8.5hr session, finished at 430am, drove back home and 2 days later flew to las vegas to have a 5hr session. I hate getting tatooed…

YOU Sir, are a freak!! LOL

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
JENerationX;98974 wrote:
…it’s not pleasant a lot of the time.

How about “its not pleasant ANY of the time!”?

My 4 hour “tramp stamp” experience varied from “mild irritation” to “hurts like Hell”. I got to where I could “process the pain”, one of my dance teachers was there for the first couple of hours and said my sh*t eating grin was because I was “enjoying it, silly!” – but “pleasant”? Nope.

The last hour was just annoying. I was “OK” with the pain, but just wanting it to be over with. I’m told that my next planned tattoo (small colored Lotus Flower on nape of neck) won’t hurt nearly as much. We’ll see…

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Hahaha….. yes Zorba!! That all sounds about right. At points I’m sure I seemed giddy to anyone that wasn’t aware that I was just trying to focus on the beauty of the art and not the fact that I just wanted to rip the needle out of his hands and make it stop. LOL

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Nuts, I couldn’t even “focus on the beauty of the art” as I couldn’t see it! It was just dealing with the pain – I found that “relaxing into” the pain is what worked best. Accepting the needle and even welcoming it into my skin – if that makes any sense whatsoever.

If you really want the blow-by-blow of this:

http://www.doubleveil.net/tattoo.htm

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
Zorba;99278 wrote:
Nuts, I couldn’t even “focus on the beauty of the art” as I couldn’t see it! It was just dealing with the pain – I found that “relaxing into” the pain is what worked best. Accepting the needle and even welcoming it into my skin – if that makes any sense whatsoever.

If you really want the blow-by-blow of this:

http://www.doubleveil.net/tattoo.htm

That was quite the read Zorba!!! Thanks for sharing that. I don’t feel like such a wuss now. If by “relaxing into the pain” you mean not fighting it… yes, that’s that’s when it was finally easier. Hurt like hell in spots, but when I stopped trying to close it all out and just let it kind of radiate and dissipate instead of being so focused on trying NOT to feel it, it sort of made the pain acceptable.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Four and a half hours was long enough for me. I was dealing with the pain fine, but I started to get irritated around 3 or 3 and a half hours into it. Started to feel like my nerves were being pricked or something. My foot started jerking periodically. I don’t know how long the memorial piece I’m having done on my back will take, but I’m planning to do it in one sitting. 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Im a super freak, super freak, A super freaka!

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights

I don’t get the skinning alive feeling, to me it feels more like a slight burn. My longest session was only 4 hours and the burning started to really get to me. Lol congrats on the tat tho it looks awesome!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Nice ink mate, really like it!

My longest were 7h 30m and 7h next day wasn’t too bad, could have gone longer and that was on the top of my back. The next 2 sessions were only 5 hours long but they really did hurt bad, the lower back and flabby parts. Ouch!

Well flabby is the wrong word lol seeing as I am a mountain of muscle 🙂

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

Very nice!

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

The longest I sat was for two hours, and it was on my ribs. That said, tattoos should NOT hurt that badly. It should be less painful than being slapped. I’d compare it to have a chip clip snipped on your skin over and over… Not a nice feeling, but not bad.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
GrayCatLove;114924 wrote:
The longest I sat was for two hours, and it was on my ribs. That said, tattoos should NOT hurt that badly. It should be less painful than being slapped. I’d compare it to have a chip clip snipped on your skin over and over… Not a nice feeling, but not bad.

Hmmm, mine felt like a hot poker burning me. It was painful trust me lol

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

The pain is just temporary, no matter how bad it hurts it will end eventually and you’ll (hopefully) have a piece of art which will last forever 🙂

With my experiences getting tattoo’d, the only place that made me almost beg for it to end was the inside of my elbow. That was sore. My wrist area was completely painless and in fact it was actually relaxing, however my best friend said his wrist tat was incredibly sore. Every tattoo is different.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.