Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Aussie Tom;87993 wrote:
That’s going to be awesome. Do you have a copy of the book? Worth the buy?
BigZach;88000 wrote:
Did you buy that book?

I actually just found the pictures online from that book and the book “108 Heroes”. I’d like to buy it but never found it in person. I do own a couple of other books “Bushido: Legacies of the Japanese Tattoo” and “Studying Horiyoshi III” which I used to get ideas for my leg piece. If you’re thinking about getting a large Japanese styled piece I highly recommend those two books.

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Amok;87896 wrote:
That’s going to be one damn wicked tattoo!

PS Please shave your arsecrack for the next photo!

lol it wasn’t as hairy as the lighting in the picture would have you to believe. For all the tattooing below my waist now I will be having to get plenty of nair and a banana hammock to wear.

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom
Slappy13;88053 wrote:
I actually just found the pictures online from that book and the book “108 Heroes”. I’d like to buy it but never found it in person. I do own a couple of other books “Bushido: Legacies of the Japanese Tattoo” and “Studying Horiyoshi III” which I used to get ideas for my leg piece. If you’re thinking about getting a large Japanese styled piece I highly recommend those two books.

Fantastic thanks for the info. Do you have pictures of any of your other work? From what I can see and you’ve mentioned it all sounds top notch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Aussie Tom;88404 wrote:
Fantastic thanks for the info. Do you have pictures of any of your other work? From what I can see and you’ve mentioned it all sounds top notch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah here’s a few other pics of some of my work. I’m getting the leg touched up tomorrow.

FE0ux.jpg

UvSlF.jpg

3V0Bg.jpg

CgpGZ.jpg

Adler
Participant
@adler

Nice work, I especially like the winged piece on your stomach. Was that done by the same artist or someone else?

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

๐Ÿ™‚

Adler;88431 wrote:
Nice work, I especially like the winged piece on your stomach. Was that done by the same artist or someone else?

The winged 7 piece was done by the artist doing my back piece. I just had the idea for it and went up to the shop one night and he sat down and drew that out by hand stencil and all since he didn’t have a thermofax at the time. There are slight differences from the left side to the right side but that’s ok with me cause I don’t like perfectly symmetrical tattoos cause the body is not perfectly symmetrical.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.