iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

i think alot of people missed the fact when i said its two hours or so old in that pic, and the color is bleeding out and making the lines look shaky, there are no start and stop lines as i seen some claim, its fully healed now, and there are no shaky looking lines, and im glad some like it and some dont i asked for critiscism, plus its got alot of a and d on it in the photo as well , i just said its the best i saw, never said it was the best, and im happy with it

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

the yellow and oranges in the photo look poorly shaded but in the finished product it looks great, i think he did a great job shading

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9
Adler;82174 wrote:
If this is the best you’ve ever seen then I’m guessing it’s also the only one you’ve ever seen. Look, you asked for feedback and now you’re getting it. Your tattoo is average. And if you know what you’re looking at it is obvious that some of that linework is very poorly done. It’s sad that you pumped up your tattoo to be something so incredibly special and really it isn’t. That doesn’t make people haters, it makes them honest and offering an opinion which you asked for.
Definitely google some images and it should become painfully obvious what some of us are talking about. If you can’t handle criticism, don’t ask for opinions in the first place.

lol how u gonna qoute my post and say ppl are hating? i dont care what others think i was just looking for opinions, and i never once said oh god they dont like it oh no what am i gonna do…..

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9
InkProfessor;82177 wrote:
Sure I see some start and stop line issues and etc. I personally like weighted or sculpted lines however an opinion can be given without sounding harsh. The art industry is pushed forward by constructive critisism, but to be mean isn’t productive. I’m sure this dude spent some real money right? I do agree that the attitude calling that best is something to address but make sure as a good critic you point that out. I didn’t like that statement either friend. Oh and yes I tattoo but my user name comes from my use of liquid inks when I paint my bright illustrations. I used to teach color theory in a local art school.

oh an i never said it was the best, i said it was done right imo, and the best ive seen from searching google etc, i know my boy at absolute ink in murfreesboro isnt the best in the world but im proud of the work he did and wanted to show it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
iheartmyed9;82197 wrote:
i think alot of people missed the fact when i said its two hours or so old in that pic, and the color is bleeding out and making the lines look shaky, there are no start and stop lines as i seen some claim, its fully healed now, and there are no shaky looking lines, and im glad some like it and some dont i asked for critiscism, plus its got alot of a and d on it in the photo as well , i just said its the best i saw, never said it was the best, and im happy with it

post a healed pic. i doubt that the healed pic will fix the poor line work and blending. on a positive the colors are vibrant. just being honest also.

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

whats poor about the line work?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

http://starkovtattoo.spb.ru/flash.htm

here is a nice example of a dragon koi. the very first pic in the gallery.

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

yea thats uber clean, but also several several hundered dollars too, he charged $250.00 i think for the price he did a awesome job, yea i know there are cleaner examples i just havent seen one till now, all the ones i found had the head mis shapen and not “dragon” like. i like it, thats the important part and everyone has opinions, and i asked for them , so im not offended if there are some dislikes.

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

Im buddhist so the sleeve is gonna be asian buddhist inspired, im thinking of the eightfold path of buddhism (wheel of law) for my next tattoo and finish off the top of the sleeve with a japanese demon mask and then with the traditional black waves to finish the sleeve, maybe some flowers, like a sleeve i saw on here earlier that was real clean, anyways, thanks

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

just curious………….why don’t you get a nice budda tattoo ????????

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

welll buddha has many forms so the traditional happy fat buddha is almost gotten to the point to where its been “commercialized” and i want a less “commercial” sleeve, plus my tattoo artist has a huge buddha on his neck and i like more original ideas, and i know before someone flames me that a dragon koi is a pretty common tattoo as well, just not here in tn lol, the wheel of law is more or less the kinda “symbols” of buddhism that i would rather incorporate into the sleeve, while a buddha tattoo would be cool, its not something i want in the sleeve.

Adler
Participant
@adler
InkProfessor;82168 wrote:
Wonky lines? Your insane, hey man it’s a nice tattoo and there are plenty of haters out there to take shots at you because they are bored or strive off drama.

Your words not mine. Just because someone offers criticism doen’s make them a “hater”.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen
iheartmyed9;82207 wrote:
yea thats uber clean, but also several several hundered dollars too, he charged $250.00 i think for the price he did a awesome job,

You got what you paid for.
Sub-par.

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

in your opinion its sub par, why not add comments to why u believe its sub par instead of just saying sub par, try and add to the discussion/debate not just random ” its sub par” with no rhyme or reason why, obviously tattoing is a form of art and u dont critisize someones artwork without at least giving a reason why

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

The finger waves are all over the place, they have no flow to them.
The lines are uneven and all over the place.
The colour becomes muddy when blending with other colours, or just stops abruptly near the linework for no reason at all other than laziness or unconfidence.
The scales’ line work is sometimes uneven, sometimes rigid and pose no purpose in the areas there is no linework for said scales.
The whiskers look like electrocuted worms.

All in all, looks very much like a $250 tattoo.

A sub-par tattoo and definitely not a Koi dragon done right.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.