iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

I got this piece around 2 weeks ago but its still pretty fresh in the pics, tell me what you think and as always thanks for letting me join! Comments, criticisms accepted 😀

IMG_20110211_134109.jpg
Done by : Josh Adams Absolute Ink Murfreesboro,TN

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

i wanna post a better pic, the colors are still bleeding out in this pic

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Welcome! It’s a neat pic, pretty cool tattoo. Congrats!

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

Thanks! its my third tattoo

iheartmyed9
Participant
@iheartmyed9

Anybody with negative or positive comments about his work? This is honestly the best Koi dragon ive ever seen….anybody with a koi dragon out there thats better?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

From that picture it’s hard to even tell what it is. I can see that the line work is pretty wonky, sorry man just calling it like I see it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
buttwheat;82159 wrote:
from that picture it’s hard to even tell what it is. I can see that the line work is pretty wonky, sorry man just calling it like i see it.

qft…………..

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
iheartmyed9;82154 wrote:
Anybody with negative or positive comments about his work? This is honestly the best Koi dragon ive ever seen….anybody with a koi dragon out there thats better?

I don’t think it’s anything special.. Unique color scheme is about all, but honestly it just looks like your average koi..

If you’re looking for a picture of a better one, go to google images, there are literally millions out there

InkProfessor
Participant
@inkprofessor

Wonky lines? Your insane, hey man it’s a nice tattoo and there are plenty of haters out there to take shots at you because they are bored or strive off drama. Sure personal tastes would drive me to add or take away elements in the piece but it’s not changes I would of made because theres something wrong.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
InkProfessor;82168 wrote:
Wonky lines? Your insane, hey man it’s a nice tattoo and there are plenty of haters out there to take shots at you because they are bored or strive off drama. Sure personal tastes would drive me to add or take away elements in the piece but it’s not changes I would of made because theres something wrong.

The responses are more toward the attitude of “mine is the bestest koi dragon ever”.
I’m not sure I would call yourself an inkprofessor if you don’t see wonky lines.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

The line work looks pretty poor to me.

Adler
Participant
@adler
iheartmyed9;82154 wrote:

If this is the best you’ve ever seen then I’m guessing it’s also the only one you’ve ever seen. Look, you asked for feedback and now you’re getting it. Your tattoo is average. And if you know what you’re looking at it is obvious that some of that linework is very poorly done. It’s sad that you pumped up your tattoo to be something so incredibly special and really it isn’t. That doesn’t make people haters, it makes them honest and offering an opinion which you asked for.
Definitely google some images and it should become painfully obvious what some of us are talking about. If you can’t handle criticism, don’t ask for opinions in the first place.

InkProfessor
Participant
@inkprofessor

Sure I see some start and stop line issues and etc. I personally like weighted or sculpted lines however an opinion can be given without sounding harsh. The art industry is pushed forward by constructive critisism, but to be mean isn’t productive. I’m sure this dude spent some real money right? I do agree that the attitude calling that best is something to address but make sure as a good critic you point that out. I didn’t like that statement either friend. Oh and yes I tattoo but my user name comes from my use of liquid inks when I paint my bright illustrations. I used to teach color theory in a local art school.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

It’s a nice tattoo, nevermind what others think. No tattoos are perfect, it’s the nature of the art. The ones you see in mags are photoshopped to make them appear flawless. Just my .02

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

I think it’s nice and bright and really bold – but the scales are very average, linework is uneven as is the overall blending and shading !

– not bad by any means !

– you obviously love it though and that’s more important than anyones opinion on here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.