Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

Not trying to be mean, just real…we cover all kinds of stuff, and in reality…hair, feathers, leaves, and scales, and some biomechanics, are what we teach our apprentices. Covering a dark with a really dark is an old way of thinking…the pieces you see on someones arm done like that…in ten years is going to be a huge blobular wreck. Enjoy it now, because time will not be generous with a large dark inked piece. Your artist, not saying he was not a good one, should have cared more about you as a client, and helped you pick a design or idea that was not so drastic. I see your original piece, and that is the stuff that makes us get creative…the first look I got of your pictures, I do not pass the blame to you, but to the artist who failed to create a masterpiece. What you had on your arm, could have been covered by my least experianced apprentice, only because they know shit like that doesn’t walk out of my shop.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Maybe you should have chosen different colors with more contrast. The black and purple don’t seem to seperate themselves with much clarity and distinction which makes the pattern difficult to recognize.
If you don’t mind, which other site are you referring to where you posted it?

XFiles4Ever
Participant
@xfiles4ever

I’m getting it touched up in a week and the purple seemed to blend in with the black so I’m gonna discuss with him a different color that could bring out the pattern more. Some of the black needs to be filled in because it’s more gray in some parts but he does free touch-up’s. I posted it on Tattoos on Facebook and four people besides me liked it. I know that doesn’t sound like much compared to here but other people did like it. I’m gonna hate going through the pain again because this was the most painful tattoo I ever did but gotta get it right. Then I’m gonna close it all up in a quarter sleeve with a Taino Sol tattoo next to it with another Boricua wording on the top. So, I’ll have that on the bottom and top. I should be getting that done at the upcoming Phunk and Ink Tattoo and Music Festival here in Fort Wayne at the end of March. Hopefully I will that is…

Also, maybe people don’t understand but I WANTED a black tribal turtle tattoo. Whether you like it or not, I am happy with it. I will have him change a few things when he touches it up but nothing major, just connecting a few lines and fixing the color but other than that I am happy with it.

Here is an update photo pre-touch-up using my digital REGULAR camera:

Picture049.jpg

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

If you like it that’s all that matters.

XFiles4Ever
Participant
@xfiles4ever

Yes I am. I’ll be happier when the color gets fixed and a few changes are made but this is my second turtle and it means alot to me.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Thanks for keeping us updated.

XFiles4Ever
Participant
@xfiles4ever

No problem.

Leah_BD
Participant
@leah_bd

Its very rude and inconciderate for the people above to say your tattoo is ‘shit’ etc. Some people just feel the need to use language like that, instead of simply giving an opinion.

The first pictures werent great, obviously, but from the last picture I think its cute, a little big maybe but thats cos it was to cover up the previous tattoo. I really like the purple detailing!

I personally wouldnt have it done, as it must have hurt like hell! But fair play to ya!

XFiles4Ever
Participant
@xfiles4ever

Thank You so much Leah. I appreciate that and yes people have been very rude and it wasn’t necessary. An opinion is one thing but they were going up and beyond. But yes it’s gonna hurt all over again and the first time I was in tears and I have 12 tattoos and this was the first one that had me crying. So, I’m not looking forward to having it touched-up next week but its gotta be done. But thank you.

Leah_BD
Participant
@leah_bd
XFiles4Ever;82354 wrote:
Thank You so much Leah. I appreciate that and yes people have been very rude and it wasn’t necessary. An opinion is one thing but they were going up and beyond. But yes it’s gonna hurt all over again and the first time I was in tears and I have 12 tattoos and this was the first one that had me crying. So, I’m not looking forward to having it touched-up next week but its gotta be done. But thank you.

No problem 🙂 post a picture once all the touch up has healed, am looking forward to seeing it 🙂

XFiles4Ever
Participant
@xfiles4ever

Thanks, I will!

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

I wonder if adding a lighter color to the purple would bring out the pattern a bit more. I’ll bet a few artist here could tell you. I have no color tattoos so I haven’t a clue. Glad you like it better than the old tattoo and it seems that turtles have meaning to you so that’s good. Best regards.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Leah_BD;82353 wrote:
Its very rude and inconciderate for the people above to say your tattoo is ‘shit’ etc. Some people just feel the need to use language like that, instead of simply giving an opinion.

Actually Leah, nobody called that tattoo shit.. her previous one was called shit, and for good reason.. it was horrible. As for rude and inconsiderate language, there barely wasn’t any of it in this thread. People are just giving their honest opinions, and the fact that those opinions are negative seems to bother some people (like yourself). The collective opinions of these people that have some serious ink experience and even more serious ink expectations is that this was not the best that could have been done in the situation. And whether or not the OP agrees with that statement, does not change the fact that it is the opinion of the people participating in the thread. Neither is wrong and neither is more right than the other. The very act of posting your ink in a public forum means that you want to show it off and get opinions. But you also have to be able to take it if someone doesn’t like it.

This turtle tattoo did indeed look like blob of black and purple in the first pictures, but despite that it still deserved the opinions set forth because healed it still doesn’t look good. We can leave the fact that the lines are wonky and uneven, but the vision of the purple fill within the black fill without any separation between the two is a poor idea and it could have been done so much better with more thought and a better artist. That being said, I must echo what almost everybody in this thread has mentioned quite specifically. If this is what the OP wants, and if she likes it, then that’s all that matters and congratulations on a piece of ink that you love.

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;82372 wrote:
Actually Leah, nobody called that tattoo shit.. her previous one was called shit, and for good reason.. it was horrible. As for rude and inconsiderate language, there barely wasn’t any of it in this thread. People are just giving their honest opinions, and the fact that those opinions are negative seems to bother some people (like yourself). The collective opinions of these people that have some serious ink experience and even more serious ink expectations is that this was not the best that could have been done in the situation. And whether or not the OP agrees with that statement, does not change the fact that it is the opinion of the people participating in the thread. Neither is wrong and neither is more right than the other. The very act of posting your ink in a public forum means that you want to show it off and get opinions. But you also have to be able to take it if someone doesn’t like it.

This turtle tattoo did indeed look like blob of black and purple in the first pictures, but despite that it still deserved the opinions set forth because healed it still doesn’t look good. We can leave the fact that the lines are wonky and uneven, but the vision of the purple fill within the black fill without any separation between the two is a poor idea and it could have been done so much better with more thought and a better artist. That being said, I must echo what almost everybody in this thread has mentioned quite specifically. If this is what the OP wants, and if she likes it, then that’s all that matters and congratulations on a piece of ink that you love.

Nicely said!

celticking
Participant
@celticking

better off just doing your whole forearm black

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.