KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
stubarber;80768 wrote:
I like it so far. Can’t say I’ve seen any “steampunk” styled tattoos before. Maybe you’re starting a trend.

So the tentacles will be reaching up over/around your shoulder?
Will they be organic or mechanically inspired?

I don’t know about the placement honestly. Troy’s been tattooing me for so long, and his work is so exemplary, that I just say “Steam punk inspired cyborg squid” or “zombie squid” and let him do whatever he wants. I think that’s the reason he gets excited for me work–artistic freedom.

Well, that and I drive him a metric fuckton of business.

The tentacles will have both mechanical and organic parts, or so I am told.

It took Troy about a month to get around to drawing my squid. He told me that he had to do alot of research to get the feel right, and he’s ended up incorporating a lot of the steam punk style into the tattoos he’s been doing recently. The day before he did this, his said that he was asked to do a bio-mech sleeve that he ended up putting alot of the ideas he had for my squid into it because it felt right. So, I suppose in an extremely local sense, I did sorta start a trend.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Fan-Fucking-Tastic. Can’t wait to see the rest! You doing it in 2 week intervals until it’s over, or what?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
ArniVidar;80789 wrote:
Fan-Fucking-Tastic. Can’t wait to see the rest! You doing it in 2 week intervals until it’s over, or what?

Hopefully, it depends on my cash flow, and if Troy will trade ink for blowjobs.

He never has before, but I can always hope.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

And what are we looking at, you reckon, another 4 sessions?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

We’re hoping for another 2 six to eight hour sessions, but either way, I’m only going to pay $750 for this thing in total, so if it takes more, no biggie.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

$750 for that?? Shit! I need to move to the US :S

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
ArniVidar;80794 wrote:
$750 for that?? Shit! I need to move to the US :S

HA! I get a pretty steep discount for being my artist’s first repeat customer, back in the day when he started, and for driving him truly insane amounts of business. Hell, I’ll only have paid like $1400 for the entire sleeve.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
KnightHawk;80797 wrote:
I’ll only have paid like $1400 for the entire sleeve.

I hate you right now ๐Ÿ˜€

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
ArniVidar;80820 wrote:
I hate you right now ๐Ÿ˜€

Suck it. ^_^

Love. Peace. Metallica.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber
KnightHawk;80793 wrote:
We’re hoping for another 2 six to eight hour sessions, but either way, I’m only going to pay $750 for this thing in total, so if it takes more, no biggie.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

That’s a helluva deal, if he holds his interest . . .

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
stubarber;80841 wrote:
That’s a helluva deal, if he holds his interest . . .

Ain’t it though? He put 22 hours into my back piece for $1000. We’ve been working together for seven years, and he believes I’ve brought him more than $15,000 worth of business, so I’ve no doubt the interest will be there.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.