noravel
Participant
@noravel

Just got this one! It’s my take on a triskele. Opinions welcomed!

Also thinking of adding color to my other two peices (in my album) if you would like to swing by and make suggestions on them, I’d really appreciate it. I’m thinking reds and oranges on the rib peice and blue/purple on the lotus

photo-1.jpg
photo.jpg

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Nice legs, mediocre tattoo. I can’t tell for sure due to the poor pic quality, but it looks like the fill isn’t very even in some places, but the lines are thankfully true.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

noravel
Participant
@noravel

Thanks for the reply, I see what you mean about uneven fill and I think it’s because of the picture quality and reflection in some spots due to the ointment. I’ll try to put up a better pic soon.

I want to have him put a vein in the leaves because they look too plain, any other suggestions?

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I like the design. I agree with KH mostly – the lines are good, but I want more from the leaves/flowers.

noravel
Participant
@noravel

Thanks for the input. I was worried about too much detail overshadowing the original triskele design, so do you have any suggestions to improve it? I like it, but it seems too simple or something. I just don’t want it to look like every other girly little vine/flower tattoo I’ve seen and that’s kind of where it’s at to me..

Oh and here’s some better pictures for you:

IMG_0019.jpg

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Adding viens to the leaves doesn’t seem like such a hot idea. Details that small tend to blur with age. Honestly, your tattoo is what it is at this point. You’re stuck with another rendition of “every other girly little vine/flower tattoo” out there. The time to think about this sort of thing is BEFORE you ink. Once it’s on there, barring a coverup, it typically is what it is.

Hey, don’t feel bad. Like I said, it isn’t a bad tattoo. It’s just really nondescript. Just put a little more thought and creativity into your next piece, maybe give your artist some serious freedom, see what he comes up with. Besides, it could be worse. I, personally, have a huge, uncoverable tattoo celebrating my and my wife’s eternal love.

We got divorced a year and a half ago.

Besides, almost no one is completely satisfied with their first piece of ink. Just be thankful it isn’t a SERIOUS fucking mess like alot of the first tattoos I’ve seen.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

noravel
Participant
@noravel

Thanks. This is my fifth tattoo, definitely put a ton of thought into it as I do with each one. I know it’s not terrible and I don’t totally dislike it, just thought there may be a way to offset that cliche girly vine look because it’s just not my personality ๐Ÿ˜›

Who knows, I may just get it covered up in a couple years when I feel like im ready to do a bigger leg piece.

I’ve wanted to do a really classic/old school sugar skull/rose piece with a banner for a while so maybe that’ll make a good cover up if I decide to nix it. ๐Ÿ™‚

kryptonite
Participant
@kryptonite

nice, i like it alot. very cute. would agree on adding slight details to the leaves

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.