cyclone
Participant
@cyclone

Got my first tatto on Tuesday of a Cyclone (I’m a weather nut and my nickname) with my kids names incorporated in the design on my right shoulder. Can’t believe the lack of disconfort yesterday or today. Let me know what you think of it, thanks.

img0252oi.jpg

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I think it looks really good. Nice meaning too, into weather and your nickname and most of all your kids.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Wow, thats a great tattoo. I didn’t think that adding the names would look that good, but that really works. Some times people will try to get too detailed and end up with a tat that is nothing like what they wanted, but the simplicity of this along with the meaning to you makes this really cool. I also like the font you used for the names. Congrats on your new ink.
Whos the artist and where are they working?

cyclone
Participant
@cyclone

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. I may go back in a month or so and get the nemes darker or outlined in white along with some white shading in the swirls, not sure yet, I really need to see it after it heals but I absolutly love it the way it is also. I had it done at Permanent Buzz NJ they are great, they even let my wife and kids stay in the beginning to see what I was going through.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, the problem with White ink is that it disappears REALLY quickly, so unless you really think it needs white highlights, I don’t see why you should do it. It’ll need touch-ups very often.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Good work! I agree on the white, unless your tat has something that needs high contrast, like shiny metal or an eye, I wouldn’t do it.

So, mr weather man, how do you know the difference between a hurricane and a cyclone? could this be a hurricane tattoo as well?

cyclone
Participant
@cyclone

Arni how often do you think I’ll need touch ups? I may bail on the white since I realy like it the way it is.

Gsouder yes a tropical cyclone in the Atlantic basin is called a Hurricane and in the Pacific basin they are called Cyclones, just to confuse you more tropical Cylones in the northwestern part of the Pacific are called Typhoons.

In short though a Cyclone can be clouds or motion rotating in a circular direction either clockwise or counter clockwise depending on which hemisphere. With that said a tornado is also considered a Cyclone.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
cyclone;74288 wrote:
Arni how often do you think I’ll need touch ups?.

From the discussions around here I’ve gathered that white fades as fast as only a few months. It turns all yellow and ugly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.