MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I finaly got a picture of how my horrible farmers tan did mess with my recently finished dragon. I know i know, keep it out of the sun right after you get them. I did the best i could, but i work outside, 40 hours a week and have been for a solid month (finals were finished thursday, and i got him coloroed friday, then work started monday) I kept my shirt on the entire month and kept him protected, i guess its just the fact that i was outside for 40 hours a week= tan no matter what you do to protect yourself. The good news is i loos my tans easily so within a month of going back to school and not being outside for 40 hours a week i should loose the tan.

IMG_0651.jpg

Any other suggestions besides massive ammounts of sunblock? I will be working 40 hour weeks outside for the rest of the summer in marylands 85-100 degree heat…

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

im sorry to say, but its not the tan that is messing up your ink, its the uv rays. just because you lose your tan easily, doesnt matter. the damage done to your ink is irrepareable (unless u get it touched up, obviously).

other than lots of sunscreen you should try looking into spf clothing.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

Oh yea, i know the uv rays are what causes the damage, sorta easier to just say taned area because that was only area affected. Ill just wait to see what it looks like when i loose the tan to see what the damage really is before getting it touched up

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Man, that’s a killer piece.

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Mr S,

Why not go for a ‘Buff’ Neck-piece.

I’m a Fly Fisherman, and use mine in all weather, great for winter, keeps the wind out, and is great for high temps like your experiencing 40hrs a week.

Here is a link to the High UV Protection Selection, I’m afraid this link is a UK site, but I’m sure a bit of web surfing, you’ll find ’em in the US.

http://www.sportingtriangle.co.uk/acatalog/UV_Protective.html

Hope this helps

Carl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.