devindra
    Participant
    @devindra

I just got this tattoo done about 3 weeks ago. Which parts need touching up? IMO I think the bottom part and the inside of the pool ball needs filing in with yellow which I intended in the first place. What do you think?

2d7hspk.jpg

Otpuskayem
    Participant
    @otpuskayem

My tow cents: are the flames supposed to be pink? They look about the same color as the snake’s tongue… I would ask the artist to go over them with a darker red/orange so they look more like flames. Also, there is one spot to the right of the nine where i think the outline needs to be filled in again.

Other than that it’s not too bad.

devindra
    Participant
    @devindra

The flames are supposed to be red. The artist told me that the pink would change to red but I am not too sure that’s going to happen. I also noticed that part of the outline is missing too. When should I go for a touch up?

jonjon
    Participant
    @jonjon

about the red/pink issue
    i had the same problem and about a month after i’ve done my tattoo the pink did turned into deep red…
    but you could always do a touch-up and repaint it with darker red if it doesn’t happen, the ink should be absorbed better at the second time….

and about the tattoo,
    first i think it’s amazing, congrats 🙂

in my opinion you should defiantly fill the pool in shades of yellow or orange

and maybe add some more scales on the snake head…
    it seems to my a bit too “smooth”
    but it’s just my opinion

as i said
    it’s some great tattoo you’ve got there 🙂

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

wait for about another 4 weeks before getting it touched up, but this time i would pay some money and go to a reputable shop, i have my feelings that this is done by a scratcher as there is shite shading, colours not in properly, solid fill is not upto the outlines etc etc….

just my 2 pennies worth 😀

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

all in all i dont think its a bad tattoo but it looks dull.
    the outlines are looking blue already and all the ball area could do with a bit of attention.

the design i like 😉

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Personally, I just think it looks “flat”

I think you need more flames or something, I just can’t put my finger on it yet.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Tattooist’s technique aside, I think it’s a sweet design though – three things I want in my next tattoo – flames, a cobra and a pool ball.

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

Something about it seems wrong to me. It’s like it …doesn’t fit? Not size or anything, it just seems out of place. Maybe that’s just me.

devindra
    Participant
    @devindra

Thanks for your opinions.. How much would a tattoo artist charge to fill in the pool ball, touch up some spots as well as make it look less dull?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

have a word with S.Niell…. he is one of our resident pro’s, his work is awesome and he would have no trouble in sorting this piece out for you.. i would recommend talking money via private message though and not in the open forum 😉

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

For a couple of hundred you could goto a pro and get a full reshade and a bit of fresh line and really make that tattoo shine.

The design is great it just needs a little more love to really do it justice – nothing huge but again that is just my opinion.

I would;

Deepen the outline on the pool ball – specially round the circle and nine. Also around the fangs and redo the eyeball.

Total reshade in red on the flames maybe add a small amount of blue to them on the bottom inner part.

That orange has to go my friend it makes the tatt suck and redo the nine a seriously bold thickness.

I would also add a lot more hues to the scales and maybe thicken some of the scale outline to make it less flat.

I would also consider adding some shadow shading.

None of them are big jobs.

Hope that helps

Take care
    Matthew

devindra
    Participant
    @devindra

Thanks Sherav. I will take your post to the artist so that he’ll have an idea on what to do. I just need the money to do it now. Would it cost over $150 US?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Need to discuss with the artist but I reckon a couple of hours work at most so prob $200-$250?? Guestimates really as depends on how much work you want to do to it.

Have a chat with the artist and see what you want doing but don’t let price put you off – it is on for life so waiting a bit longer whilst you save is no big deal as it is not an awful tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

jmlampert23
    Participant
    @jmlampert23

i would have that pool ball redone. the 9 looks like a little kid tattooed it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.