zewm
    Participant
    @zewm

This is my first tattoo, I got it about a month ago. It’s a character from a video game called ‘Megaman’. I love this tattoo. I plan on making a video game sleeve to continue up on this arm. I was told at the tattoo shop that having a red background or red elements behind the character would make the blues stand out more. I don’t know yet how I’m going to fill in the sleeve. If you have any comments or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

You could totally add some scenery, like a moon, spaceships, asteroids, swirls, flames, mountains, etc. I think reds and greens would be cool.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Duuuuuuude….that is awesome! Are you going to get some Robot Masters on there too, like Skull man, Quick Man, Wood Man, Cut Man, or are we talking Link, Mario, and Sonic?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Shamwow
    Participant
    @shamwow

put up protoman and dr. light! then give it all a background

zewm
    Participant
    @zewm

I was actually leaning towards Heatman on the other side of my arm and then willy up near my shoulder. My favorite Megaman game was MM2 for Nes. So I try to stick to those bosses/badies. But I was debating making it a general video game sleeve also. So I wanted to add some Quake marine. Another idea I had for the forearm is to make a street from Paperboy from my wrist to my elbow and just have a few paperboy obstacles and houses along the way.

Something like this for heatman.

heatman.png

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

Nice ideas for the sleeve and the tat came out great. My favorite megaman was megaman 4.

img804--screenshot.jpg

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

that looks soooooo good, best picture of him!
    cannot wait to see additions.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Megaman 2 is the single greatest game ever. Period.

The heat man pic is awesome, but someone’s already tried using that Skullman pic around here before. The general consensus was that there’s no way in hell that it’d work as a tattoo thanks to all that white.

I personally would stick with the MegaMan theme, or at least to more cartoony characters like Mario, Sonic, ect. because the Quake Marine won’t match up with the blue bomber—too GRIMDARK to match up with his bright pastel rage.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

scottishbeagle
    Participant
    @scottishbeagle

thats an AWSOME looking piece – I like rockysmoms suggestions too!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

video games are lost on me , but thats going to be one interesting sleeve when its done

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is some great ink there – one of the best I have seen in that style for ages.

If you do sleeve go with the same artist to do it justice.

Take Care
    Matthew

zewm
    Participant
    @zewm
    Sherav;41066 wrote:
    That is some great ink there – one of the best I have seen in that style for ages.

If you do sleeve go with the same artist to do it justice.

Take Care
    Matthew

For sure. I already talked to him and told him I would be bringing him some more ideas for him to work on. I’m super happy with his work and he is a pretty cool dude to boot. Very easy to work with / talk to.

zewm
    Participant
    @zewm

I tried to edit the original post but that didn’t work.

Here is an update…
    Finally got some $$ down to continue my sleeve. Here is the next piece. It’s Dr. Wily’s castle. After this I will be adding some bosses.

eatatjerms
    Participant
    @eatatjerms

I love that!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Very neat work done there.

Are you getting bosses from all the games or just focusing on one?

Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.