Onslow
    Participant
    @onslow

Okay; before your freak out I’m not asking for me. I turned 18 in December and am a senior in HS and don’t have any immiediate plans of getting a tattoo. A discussion earlier just peaked my curiosity.

A bunch of others in my class are 17 still though. And we were having an interesting conversation. See in my State you have to be 18 to get a tattoo on your own accord; but can get a tattoo under 18 if your parent or guardian accompanies you to the tattoo shop and gives permission.

So a couple of 17 year olds were saying “Well what if we posted an ad on craigslist offering cash for someone old enough to pretend to be our parent to meet us at the mall and walk to the in-mall tattoo shop and say they’re our parent?”

My question basically is would that work and what are the consequences?

Like:

1. In general; what does the tattoo shop need to see before they are satisfied that the guy is really your dad? Do they check the adult’s ID? If so does the name have to be the same as the minors? Because if your parents are divorced and your mon went back to her maiden name than your name obviously won’t be the same as BOTH your parents?

2. If someone agreed to pretend to be your parent for the tattoo shop in exchange for money; what’s the punishment legally for the imposter parent? The minor?

3. Exactly what steps does the tattoo artist have to take to verify that the adult is really the minor’s parent or guardian; so that he’s not liable if it turns out he was scammed?

Kimmietec
    Participant
    @kimmietec

Everything about this post is horrifying, starting with in-mall tattoo shop. For the love of all that is holy, do NOT.

1. They not only ask for ID, they make a copy of it. There are also legal documents to sign.
    2. Laws and punishments vary from state to state, but it’s at least identification fraud and would be an open and shut case.
    3. See number one.

“Your friends” need to smarten up a lot. Tattoos are permanent and this sounds like an immature, uneducated decision that will end with regret.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Wait until you or your friend are older. If I got a tattoo when I was 18 I know I would regret it now

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Im in the process of lasering my 18 yr old tattoos.
    Also tattoo artists arent stupid. Its a bad idea all around

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

I think it sounds like a great idea….Please take video of the entire process and post it here!

Karviniya
    Participant
    @karviniya

If someone wants to get a tattoo in our tattoo parlor to 18 years, then you need to collect a lot of paperwork .:
    1 photocopy of the identity document podtvezhdayuschego parent
    2 kseokopiya document confirming the identity of a person under 18 years
    3-text document from the parent, in which he:
    indicate their data and child
    describes that allows your child to do – what at what point of the approximate size
    Shall sign and date.
    4 – he comes with the child.
    difficult with this method to come up with unreal parents.

pidjones
    Participant
    @pidjones

And, what if a cop reads your Craigslist ad, and pretends to pretend to be your parent, then busts you for fraud and several other nice crimes? Was I that dumb at that age? Or ever?

Kehoes23
    Participant
    @kehoes23

I agree with buttwheat on this one, I got a tattoo for my 18th birthday, and regret getting it ever since, but I no longer have to live with that regret since I got it covered up. Wait till you’re older before getting your first tattoo.

girlytattoo
    Participant
    @girlytattoo

I would strongly recommend that you do not do this.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi been from the UK it is 18 or nothing when getting inked.

That said looking through various state legislation on the matter the artist is liable for physical or sexual assault on a minor (depending on where the tattoo is) and so would be double sure to check any and all ID presented.

If they don’t bother to do this despite the possibility of bad ink you could also end up with a collection of infections of HIV, Hep, etc.
    Lets face it if they don’t give a damn who they ink they might not give a damn about hygiene either.

From personal experience laser removal and skin graphs really really hurt. I’d tell your friends to wait and really think about what ink they want.

Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.