jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Keep at it.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Camahta Dore 142448 wrote:

Second tattoo artist in a row to tell me I bleed and swell like a bitch when it comes to color.

Im also on my cycle and she thinks that may be playing a part so she called it after an hour…Im bummed, it was not painful at all but she is pretty puffy.

Im going back for Wolvie in a week, if I swell and bleed bad again after him Im just going to have her finish all the line art down to my wrist first and I will fill in with color here and there (goal was to have it ALL done by March, may not happen now) because once wedding season picks up again in March I wont be able to get as much work done.

ayulie.jpg

In the past I have had some quite severe swelling and also been a bit of a bleeder, now I do a few things differently and haven’t had much of a swelling (or bleeding) problem at all with the last 3 tattoos. What I do is to try to eat really ‘clean’ for a few days before a tattoo appointment. No junk food and no SALTY food at all. Just real meat/potatoes/veggies – made from real food – kinds of meals.

I also try to bump up my iron a little, either by taking supplements for a few weeks or by eating high iron foods (like beef, spinach or cream of wheat!) especially if the appointment will coincide with my cycle.

It has made a really big difference in how much I swell up and how much I bleed during the appointment.

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

@Call_me_Lola 142451 wrote:

In the past I have had some quite severe swelling and also been a bit of a bleeder, now I do a few things differently and haven’t had much of a swelling (or bleeding) problem at all with the last 3 tattoos. What I do is to try to eat really ‘clean’ for a few days before a tattoo appointment. No junk food and no SALTY food at all. Just real meat/potatoes/veggies – made from real food – kinds of meals.

I also try to bump up my iron a little, either by taking supplements for a few weeks or by eating high iron foods (like beef, spinach or cream of wheat!) especially if the appointment will coincide with my cycle.

It has made a really big difference in how much I swell up and how much I bleed during the appointment.

My artist actually recommended iron supplements for a few weeks ahead of time as well, I eat fairly clean but I am bad about my water consumption so Im going to start watching that too and cut out the coffee/tea.

Im also *not* going to get tattoo’ed on my cycle again and see how that goes.

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

Update :

Inner elbow/ditch can eat a giant bag of dicks.

Holy shit.

I tapped out.

v7cn5v.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Knee ditch is no prize either.

Very colorful!

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

No shit….Polaris is staying skin-tone until the rest of the arm is complete.

My artist was like “Im free all night if you want to color her in” and I was like “Nope…nope..Im good.”

Fuckity!

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

Sentinel has been done! So close to complete, mostly just coloring and small details now.

Ignore the spots where it looks like she missed areas, the line art in those areas was still healing and she did not want to hit it yet.

xlb0o4.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.