pidjones
    Participant
    @pidjones

$150 may seem like a lot for 3 minutes, but when you figure in the cost of the equipment and training to use it, not so much. I’ve read of $400 (and up!) sessions at dermatologists that were no bigger. They have much more overhead (and profit margin), though.

So, what did it feel right like after? And, did they use any numbing agent?

Honestly, with all of the bad (and good) ink going on today, I see a BIG market in removal coming. When it goes out of fashion, lots of 30ish women are going to be seeking removal of what they got in HS and college. It will require the newest and best equipment because it is going to be not just black tramp stamps, but watercolor flowers, sugar skulls, feathers turning into birds, and a million and one infinity symbols woven into an anchor or cross. Doubt many pink ribbons will go, though.

pidjones
    Participant
    @pidjones

@ferrisD 141147 wrote:

damn this look cruel in a way^^

You should have seen one removed by rock salt dermabrasion. I saw one removed that way in the Navy once. And they take just as many sessions (very bloody sessions). Probably the main reason I waited until almost 62 for my first tattoo!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

The guy doing it travels all around Georgia and probably did 10 sessions while I was there. Hes definitely making a killing.
    It’s worth it though. It stopped hurting after a couple hours. Now it’s almost back to normal.

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@jerryatrophy 140998 wrote:

I’m actually going to be getting tattooed on August 1st so I said hey why not get a laser session in also. Same location.
    I’m saying goodbye to the tribal (looking) tree I got when I was 18.
    It actually takes up quite a bit of prime real estate. No future plans with this spot as of yet. I just want it gone.
    It’s funny cause I don’t really dislike it, I just realized that it was potential space for great work.
    And it has zero meaning so idgaf. Lol.
    Picture..

anybody is experienced with laser removal have any advice?

I will post more pictures during and after treatment.

what kind of laser machine are they using ?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@NorCalDan 141158 wrote:

what kind of laser machine are they using ?

Revlite si is all I know.

ferrisD
    Participant
    @ferrisd

how many sessions will this one need?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@ferrisD 141173 wrote:

how many sessions will this one need?

6-8 for complete removal
    2-4 for cover up.

A few more observations. While it appears fully healed it is incredibly light sensitive. Also I think it’s still getting better/lighter.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ten days out and I am starting to see some very small red dots under the skin. Not sure what to think. If they become any more pronounced I’ll call them. I’d post a picture but you couldn’t see it anyway.

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Thanks for sharing. I have no plans for removing anything any time soon but it’s good to get a first hand account you can refer people to. Good luck for the rest of the process.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.