peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Take Domantas Parvainis, he is only 500 euros a day but you have to travel to Lithuania. He is world class in my opinion and his fees will only go up 🙂

A lot of these so called poorer countries are throwing out amazing talent and at the moment they are still relatively cheap!

https://www.facebook.com/domantas.parvainis/media_set?set=a.2484188234742.2100039.1553718929&type=3

Then you have people like Silvano Fiato who is 2000 – 4000 euros a day.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@buttwheat 130878 wrote:

My local shop is Travis Broyles shop 🙂

my local shop is grime’s shop. :rolleyes:

Cardinal
    Participant
    @cardinal

There are two shops in the town in live in and judging by the less than impressive tattoos I see on people here, they are not great.

I choose an artist based on their work, not whether they are well-known, but I think it is easier to get an look at a well-known artists work, as many use Instagram etc.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I have great work from my local artist. I have also traveled to get work from a more well-known artist.

The work I get from the more well-known artists is different from what I can get locally – I am seeing them specifically to get their work/style, so when I travel I don’t feel like I am taking work away from my local artist.

My local artist is NOT cheap, though. Average shop rate in this city is around $150-$160 a day and she currently charges me $200. She is really good and worth the price. (Interestingly, both well-known artists I have seen have charged me by the piece and both times it ended up being just a hair less than she would have charged for that number of hours.)

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@peterpoose 130887 wrote:

Take Domantas Parvainis, he is only 500 euros a day but you have to travel to Lithuania. He is world class in my opinion and his fees will only go up 🙂

A lot of these so called poorer countries are throwing out amazing talent and at the moment they are still relatively cheap!

https://www.facebook.com/domantas.parvainis/media_set?set=a.2484188234742.2100039.1553718929&type=3

Or you can come to Norway 😉 Domantas is a frequent guest artist in my hometown, actually 🙂 He’s here a couple times a year I think. Too bad I don’t like the shop he visits, but what the hell. I might go there for him :p

Norway is where big, well-known artists come to get rich. It’s slightly ridiculous to see the lists of guests around the country sometimes… And they all end up with norwegian girlfriends. Beautiful women and they can charge a shitload. Must be heaven 😛

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@poxphobia 130893 wrote:

Or you can come to Norway 😉 Domantas is a frequent guest artist in my hometown, actually 🙂 He’s here a couple times a year I think. Too bad I don’t like the shop he visits, but what the hell. I might go there for him :p

Norway is where big, well-known artists come to get rich. It’s slightly ridiculous to see the lists of guests around the country sometimes… And they all end up with norwegian girlfriends. Beautiful women and they can charge a shitload. Must be heaven 😛

Indeed. I just came back from Scandinavia!

Expensive as fuck and every woman is 6 feet tall with legs up to her neck lol

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I can’t afford to fly across the world to get work done by a well known artist, as much as I would love to. My artist is actually very good, he’s very creative and always comes up with better ideas for my tattoos than I can give him. No he’s not well known, no he probably won’t be well known but with the amount of compliments I get on my work I know he’s a keeper. Mile Hi Tattoo all the way, the only shop I’ll go to unless I find someone better. I get charged $100 per hour so I usually do about $300-$350 per session I’m there which in my book is very reasonable!

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Considering my pace of getting tattoos is way slower than a lot of people on here I’ll stick with trying to book the best if they ever roll through Oregon. Luckily Jeff Gogue’s shop has a steady stream of good artists going through. I went down there once and got 5 hours of work in my back, made for a miserable 4 hour drive back 😀

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@peterpoose 130894 wrote:

Indeed. I just came back from Scandinavia!

Expensive as fuck and every woman is 6 feet tall with legs up to her neck lol

Hahah, sounds about right. Except I’m tiny, about the size of a hobbit. So not all of us are huge! Haha

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@ArniVidar 130853 wrote:

Isn’t that exactly what you do?

@Sam-I-Am 130859 wrote:

I would think that a person showing up for G.C.L.’s help with blood gushing out may be a little more receptive to her suggestions.

People in the USA are so fucking demanding anymore. I retire in five years and I had considered producing things for retail customers. Not anymore.

I will invite any person to be my patient and make arrangements in advance if they want to treat me like a pill waitress.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 130971 wrote:

I will invite any person to be my patient and make arrangements in advance if they want to treat me like a pill waitress.

What pills do you have available?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@gobeavers 130896 wrote:

Considering my pace of getting tattoos is way slower than a lot of people on here I’ll stick with trying to book the best if they ever roll through Oregon. Luckily Jeff Gogue’s shop has a steady stream of good artists going through. I went down there once and got 5 hours of work in my back, made for a miserable 4 hour drive back 😀

I drove 6+hrs to his shop just to get 2.5hrs of work. The things we do…

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@GrayCatLove 130971 wrote:

@Sam-I-Am 130973 wrote:

What pills do you have available?

Yes do you have a menu? Do we order ala carte or by the pack.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.