gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

@poxphobia 130527 wrote:

I guess to me it’s by now just as much about the art itself, and the experience and person that performs it, as it is the motif itself..

Well said! I am kind of thinking along those lines for this tattoo that I’m currently getting. It feels neat to go to such a great artist and watch it turn into something beautiful 😀

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

I’ve always appreciated art, however I don’t often out of my way to look at it. However, with the amount I check out tattoos I’m sure art would be fun too. Who are some fun artists to follow or some cool sites to go to?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

3-4 times a year. I’ve got three planned in the next month though.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

If it’s a constant work in progress like my half sleeves, I try and go in at least every other month if I can afford it. The longest I went was exactly a year in between tattoos and then 6 months in between the completion of sleeve one before I started on sleeve 2. For me I like to piece things together, figure out how things will work before I fully decide. My current sleeve in progress was actually decided when I stumbled across an image that called right out to me. It was perfect for what I wanted as I decided to go on a light vs dark kind of theme with my half sleeves. As for my memorial piece I have done on my leg, yea I knew right away that is what I wanted the second I read the description behind the Lilly itself. A lot of my tattoos actually have some sort of meaning behind them, if they don’t then I at least try and think about them for as long as possible before I jump into it. I usually give my artist free reign when it comes to my ideas and they usually turn out better in the long run anyway!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@gobeavers 130537 wrote:

I’ve always appreciated art, however I don’t often out of my way to look at it. However, with the amount I check out tattoos I’m sure art would be fun too. Who are some fun artists to follow or some cool sites to go to?

Personally Facebook has a TON of places. I also personally have a blog I’m always adding to and I’m hoping to feature a few artists on there as well so you may follow that if you’d like but your best bet is definitely facebook. Check out Ink Army, So Tattooed, Tattoo Social, and Inked Up. They have all kinds of tattoos from multiple artists all over the world. I have a ton of those pages liked on my facebook personally.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Follow Jeff Gouge and Casey Baugh on Instagram. Look at what they like, their inspirations, friends, etc. It will lead you straight to some amazing artists. Jeff Gouges daughter is also turning into quite the remarkable artist 🙂 Art Collective also feature quite a few wonderful artists, many of who are also tattoo artists.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I have my next several planned out, it’s just getting the money for them….

I’ll say this, if I ever smell green soap or anything that smells like it, it really makes me want one for some reason.

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

I liked every six months, but at 250 hours I’ve run out of large areas, I think once a year for big work is good

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Tecratt 130592 wrote:

I have my next several planned out, it’s just getting the money for them….

I’ll say this, if I ever smell green soap or anything that smells like it, it really makes me want one for some reason.

I love the smell of Green Soap!!!

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Apparently everybody on here gets new tattoos very frequently! Don’t think I’ll ever be going in that often! Certainly not if I can’t ever come up with any ideas. I’m gonna start checking out some of the sites people listed and see if I can’t find some inspiration…thanks!

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

I’m going to start following your blog, I like it! thanks.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Am I the only one who doesn’t know what green soap is?
    Is it literally green?

Cardinal
    Participant
    @cardinal

I’m never short of tattoo ideas. I think I would set up appointments more often if I had more money and waiting lists weren’t as long.

The smell of Dettol reminds me of tattoos.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 130627 wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn’t know what green soap is?
    Is it literally green?

To the best of my knowledge it is the liquid soap used to remove the blue ink from stencils. (or sharpie markers) Green soap is a brand name, and it is green.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Apparently there is a point when enough is enough (for me, anyways). Well, sort of.

I had a large piece done that was about 24 hours total but it was spread over 9 monthly appointments. When it was finally finished I had had enough – was so over it. I swore I was done getting tattooed. Done done done. No more. I think it was healing 9 times in 9 months that did me in. (so much itchy!!)

Apparently I got over that because at the beginning of spring last year (maybe a year or 18 months later) all of a sudden I had a great idea for a new one, and called my artist expecting a lengthy wait to get in. She had an opening in a few weeks instead. So there I was with another one. A few months later I sent another idea off to Mike D, never imagining he would get back to me, but he did and I was in his chair starting another one last fall. Then I discovered Rich Pineda’s work and knew I had to have some of that, so it was planned for this fall. Appointment has been made. Then back to my local lady for a little finger tatty. So I figured that would be it for this year.

But, hold on, saw that Ish was coming up for our convention – holy crap, had to see him. It was a little outside my plan but NO WAY was I going to pass that opportunity up. And when he was done he mentioned he had some ideas to wrap around the other side of the forearm. So I should be seeing him this fall.

All this means that since the end of last year I have been in the chair November, January, March, and April. A planned but yet to be confirmed appt. in September and a confirmed one for October. No wonder my wallet seems thin these days. 😉

I expect that to be it for a while – but you never know.

(Wow, after reading what I just wrote there I guess I shouldn’t be hating on PP because of his appt with Carlos. But the truth is that I am still totally jealous!! After all, it’s Carlos effing Torres. So I’m just gonna keep hating you, Peter.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.