ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@XxTechN9nexX 130689 wrote:

Here’s a piece I started a few weeks ago waiting to finish it up soon

Gah! Sorry, but that’s absolutely terrible! The Ohio outline is the least horrid part of it. :confused:

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

You need practice but you could probably do well if you improve.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

the work isnt great, but everyone starts somewhere. jeff gogue posted some work of his after 2 full years of tattooing and they were pretty bad. and he said those were his best stuff at the time. if you love tattooing and you are dedicated and you are a great artist, keep moving forward.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

The N one isn’t horrible circles are hard as hell.

I would never tattoo a 16 year old parental slip signed or not some parents just suck.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Keep at it. Keep us posted.

(Lots of pictures)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Well while I don’t care for the tattoo(s) done on the 16 year old’s arm, you are still just starting out so you have potential. Not much as of right now that I care for what so ever but you’ll learn, and get better over time. Most artists do (some don’t of course but that’s beside the point). Keep us posted and make sure to keep posting pictures. I still can’t believe that 16 year old’s parents allowed her to go sleeve size..wow I never even considered half sleeves until I was 20-21

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

I do think you show real potential. You’re still new. But I also think a good artist has a good set of tattoing morals. You might want to rethink your willingness to do such heavy work on such a young client. Regardless of whether or not she sends in more business.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

You have a long way to go, artistically and morally. Don’t take it too hard. Some of us are born human; the rest of us spend our whole lives trying to get there. I’m working on it, myself.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I got my first tattoo at 15, and I still have no respect for the artist that did it. I get the financial part, all business is good business, sort of. But tattooing 16year olds will give you a bad reputation. I went to the most shady shop in town when I was that young, everyone knew which shop didn’t care about anything other than money. Where I live there is no laws at all concerning legal age to get tattooed, technically you can do it at 12 if your parents agree to it. But no one does! Some shops will do smaller, less visible tattoos on 16 year olds, but no matter how good quality they are, that tiny detail makes sure that no one in the industry takes them seriously.

You have potential, but I’d recommend trying to learn from a very very good artist. Get a proper apprenticeship, and maybe take some art classes.. The tattoos are fine, but I think it lacks some basic composition and design qualities that I personally think is important. An eye for design seems to be more important than the actual ability to draw. Hard work beats talent regardless, so just keep practicing. And stop tattooing children. Legal or not. It might bring you even more business a year or two down the line, when they are actually old enough and think “hmm.. that guy who refused to tattoo me two years ago is good, and man, I do regret that crap I got at 16. I’ll go there now that I’m old enough”

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.