yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i 100% agree with adler about text tattoos.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

See sig 🙂

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Very good blog post, however, for those of us who wanted hand-drawn calligraphy drawn on us, I still believe the handwritten word is an art, and one that can look good on a curved surface. If I just wanted computer-generated text, that would be a little silly in my opinion.

In so many ways, the written word is a dying art.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Put me down with Adler,Yodaddy nukka and the others, no text tattoos……….too many negatives to mention

Good luck in basic!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
GrayCatLove;109287 wrote:
Very good blog post, however, for those of us who wanted hand-drawn calligraphy drawn on us, I still believe the handwritten word is an art, and one that can look good on a curved surface. If I just wanted computer-generated text, that would be a little silly in my opinion.

I dig well done script tattoos. Its the long paragrah text tattoos that i dont dig.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Hmm lol seems I am in the minority.

I prefer the paragraphs to single words or single sentences, ah well what do I know lol

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
yodaddynukka;109311 wrote:
I dig well done script tattoos. Its the long paragrah text tattoos that i dont dig.
peterpoose;109312 wrote:
Hmm lol seems I am in the minority.

I prefer the paragraphs to single words or single sentences, ah well what do I know lol

I would rather see a paragraph any day of the week over a grossly misunderstood small quote.

She either really likes birds or this idea is really poorly communicated.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
GrayCatLove;109287 wrote:

If you read the blog post in its entirety though, the artist makes numerous points as to why long blocks of text are poor subject matter for tattoos though. Regardless of whether the text is hand-drawn calligraphy or computer-generated text, the same rules apply.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
D3FiANC3;109330 wrote:
If you read the blog post in its entirety though, the artist makes numerous points as to why long blocks of text are poor subject matter for tattoos though. Regardless of whether the text is hand-drawn calligraphy or computer-generated text, the same rules apply.

I read the entire post; I just disagree with some of the concepts, such as it being a poor utilization of space. It’s not poor utilization if there’s nothing else the individual would rather have. Whether or not it lends itself to anatomy (or, at least some parts) is personal opinion. Text is pretty valued as an art form.

A picture is worth a thousand words to the man who cannot read. Again, this is just personal opinion, but the blog takes such an officious “holier than thou” tone, as though everyone who’d get a text tattoo must be a stupid child, and the writer must be a wise, tattooed Buddha. Just my opinion.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
mrchen;109295 wrote:
Put me down with Adler,Yodaddy nukka and the others, no text tattoos……….too many negatives to mention

Good luck in basic!

Thank you, hopefully it will go by fast lol

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
GrayCatLove;109336 wrote:
I read the entire post; I just disagree with some of the concepts, such as it being a poor utilization of space. It’s not poor utilization if there’s nothing else the individual would rather have. Whether or not it lends itself to anatomy (or, at least some parts) is personal opinion. Text is pretty valued as an art form.

A picture is worth a thousand words to the man who cannot read. Again, this is just personal opinion, but the blog takes such an officious “holier than thou” tone, as though everyone who’d get a text tattoo must be a stupid child, and the writer must be a wise, tattooed Buddha. Just my opinion.

I think text can most definitely be an art form, such as yours, but in most cases it’s not. The entire anatomy aspect of the argument seems to deal with the straight lined, straight edged, computer generated fonts.

One way or the other, a picture is worth a thousand words to any one, and text tattoos are in the eyes of the beholder plain and simple.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I kinda take flack for not liking text tattoos……….I dont like text because I am in my later 40’s and I have seen 20 year old and older text tattoos………they dont look very good………now I know you all are mostly young, and you dont care, but I just want to say the body changes ALOT, tattoo lines grow, not always evenly along a space, ie one end grows thicker than the other etc,
I just never felt it would be worth doing,
artists plan line spacing and growth in tattoo composition, there is virtually no possibility to do this with text

also I consider you and me VERY unique, there is no one on the face of the earth that deserves to be quoted on my body or yours ………………just my opionion

however, its like the pierced vagina tattoo, if thats what your into, go for it

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

ps even 13 weeks on paris island went quick!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
mrchen;109346 wrote:
also I consider you and me VERY unique, there is no one on the face of the earth that deserves to be quoted on my body or yours

Seals the deal right there

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
mrchen;109348 wrote:
ps even 13 weeks on paris island went quick!

Didn’t know you were USMC what was your mos?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.