amos-93
Participant
@amos-93

so i just got my second tattoo, a design down basically the entire side of my body, the pain was tolerable but some parts i was having to really grit the teeth, going back for the shading, which there is a lot of, and was wondering if anyone had any vasocaine experience? i mainly want it for the parts which were really bad, as the 2 worst spots require a fair bit of shading in them.

i know the pain is half the experience, and i’ll agree, but im by no means a big guy, and well theres not much between my skin and the ribs, and am just not too sure how i will go with certain spots and the shading, especially as after the first 1-2 hours all the rush/adrenaline was seeming to wear off and slow down and it started to really tingle

thanks in advance for any reponses

clay1680
@

heres an idea, dont be a pussy and take that shit like a man. im no big dude either but that shit is all in your head. throw on some headphones, breathe and let your mind wander and not think about it. and dont go that route and use some numbing cream because youre right the pain is half the experience so let it be and get the full experience.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
clay1680;102833 wrote:
heres an idea, dont be a pussy and take that shit like a man. im no big dude either but that shit is all in your head. throw on some headphones, breathe and let your mind wander and not think about it. and dont go that route and use some numbing cream because youre right the pain is half the experience so let it be and get the full experience.

you say don’t be a pussy but you listen to headphones to take your mind of it.

The pain of tattooing is over rated personally but different people have different pain thresholds.

clay1680
@

ive personally never put on headphones i was just suggesting to this dude if thats what needs to be done than do it just dont take any numbing agents. and yea why not take your mind off of it its not taking away the pain its just not concentrating on the tattoo the whole time.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Just concentrate on not getting a boner as your tattoo artist brushes softly up against your skin.

Works for me.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

vasocaine numbs your skin, it also can make it harder to tattoo, most artsts only want to apply it once or twice, so you are not going to be numbed the whole process…………….truth is people (pussies) have been looking for somethign to stop the pain for 100 years……..there isnt anything

you need to be able to ignore the first 20 minutes and let the machine begin to numb you with its vibrations, then you have to be able to put your mind on something besides pain, I watch movies on laptop, listen to music, eat, drink, look at art, read, whatever….it is still going to hurt crossing bones and your sternum is impossible, just have to grin and bear it…………Ive sat 15 hours, its all up to your head

Pain is part of he experience, if this were easy every mutherfucking idiot at the mall would be sleeved

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

I totally agree with you mrchen, pain is part of the process of getting tattooed. And I am afraid your best best is just to man up an deal with it, as its really not that bad.

Oh and just not to be a total arse and not help with your problem as such, I personally find the best way of dealing with the pain is to focus on something be it listening to music or checking out the entire studio (looking around) the latter is what I do!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I have a friend that has some serious ink Done by all the top artists he swears by a numbing spray and none of the artists ever had a problem using it on him. I tried it. It was great I could feel nothing but pressure during the tattoo but afterwards when it wore off the pain was awful. all the pain from the tattoo was there with no endorphins to help block it. Plus this was the worst healing tattoo ever.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
buttwheat;102914 wrote:
I have a friend that has some serious ink Done by all the top artists he swears by a numbing spray and none of the artists ever had a problem using it on him. I tried it. It was great I could feel nothing but pressure during the tattoo but afterwards when it wore off the pain was awful. all the pain from the tattoo was there with no endorphins to help block it. Plus this was the worst healing tattoo ever.

At least this one was helpful and answered the question without just calling the poor kid a pussy lol really guys would it kill you to just be helpful for a change ๐Ÿ˜› well done buttwheat, im proud of you ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Ive heard the same thing buttwheat, made healing worse, who wants that! Its hard enough to heal a big piece

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

As a tattoo artist, I’d like to know if there is a spray I can use on 18 year old girls getting their first tattoo. Maybe it’s just the age gap but man, some of their chatter is just painful to listen to. Then there are the people who’ve never gotten tattooed that “know” more about tattooing than me and try to demonstrate their superior knowledge on the subject. Is there a pressure point on the body that acts as a mute button?

As far as numbing tricks… I’ve never tried them. I’m a big sissy when it comes to getting tattooed. I deal with it (while whining and complaining the whole time) and I live through it. It’s not bad enough that I don’t get more!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.