Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;100724 wrote:
You can sweet talk me all you want I’m not sticking my thumb in your butt

haha! damn! was worth a try.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

‘speaking from my personal experiences here, I mainly stopped posting because the majority of this forum is full of thin skinned people who don’t like to hear the honest truth about their shitty tattoos. I still hang around with the hopes of a rare sighting of some decent work, but most of the time it’s people either blowing smoke up each others asses about their subpar work that their “homeboy” did or the people with legitimately good work getting borderline banned for speaking the truth. ‘

damn, aint that the truth…………………….

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

if you never experienced the now defunct website inkednation you may not understand how some of us collectors feel.

inkednation had millions of members, there may be 10,000 people online all at once,

all the major artists posted on there every week, joshua caarlton, myke chambers, paul acker, josh woods, sean herman, jess yen, you name it………….you got to see the piece they did over the weekend on monday morning….you got tot alk to them directly!

the quality of ink was world class, scratchers were crucified, some ink was average, but for the most part you got to see the best there is, all the time,

the owner of this site couldnt afford to keep it up

since the site closed, no other site has been able to take its place,

several sites are doing ok, I really enjoy this site and want to see it grow, but in order to do so we are going to call it like it is, only to help, to help elevate the art form, and the quality of ink people are wearing

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Very well said about the banning part. People should not be getting banned for giving a honest opinion which is what was asked of them in the first place. People do take thing’s to heart to easy on the internet.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I have said it a dozen times……………Im a nice 48 year old (mentally 14) guy with alot of ink who wants you to get ALOT of REALLY good ink…………I REALLY never want to hurt anyones feelings, or have you hurt mine

I had to learn how to spot good ink, as you Wardy are aware from my stories I started hanging out in a Baltimore street shop in 1978 and have hung out in shops every week all over the US and the world for over 33 years. I didnt know what good ink was at 15,16 years old. I dont expect others to either.

What I want to do is help people find the best, get the best and tell others

and honesty is always the best policy………..

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I watched scratchers tattoo, I watched Bob Tyrrell, I watched horrible biker street shop drunk artists mis spell peoples name, I watched Paul Booth tattoo…………..you dont learn this shit in a minute

Ive been to hundreds of conventions, tattoo contests, shops in california, new york virgina, maryland, georgia, tennessee, texas, philly, NJ, seattle, oregon, japan, germany, poland, russia and a hundred other places……..I have hung out thousands of hours……….Im a slow learner maybe, but now I know what good shit looks like

you know most of the time you aint gonna get chased out of a shop if you get tatted once in a while and maybe send a few friends in, maybe buy a pizza or stop by for a smoke?…………you sure can learn alot and never know what you might see………………..

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

i agree about being honest, it’s the best way

but there’s a difference between “your tattoo looks awful” and “you should research a better artist for your next one, it could have been done better”

some people like using dramatic wording to batter their point home. If you wouldn’t say it to the person’s face, why type it? (cue lots of people saying ‘i would say it to their face!’ hmmmm maybe.)

feel the love

HarrisAlanify
Participant
@harrisalanify

I am not lurking, or why I hit the keyboard?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
HarrisAlanify;100835 wrote:
I am not lurking, or why I hit the keyboard?

You might have a twitch in your arm, Either way hitting the keyboard is not normal i would get that checked out. I know i have never hit my keyboard i type on mine.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

1751 posts since april 2011 Wardy is not lurking…………….but we wouldnt have it any other way

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.