eddie1983man
Participant
@eddie1983man

Hi guys, I’m a new member here and looking for some advice.

First off this is regarding my first tattoo, so I don’t have alot of experience or background knowledge.

I’m currently in the process of having a half sleeved done on my arm. I’ve done all my research and selected an artist i trust and believe in.

I just completed my first sitting of the outline yesterday. I’m very very pleased with it so far, and it is basically exactly what i wanted from the beginning. All the lines seem very crisp. I do have a question regarding the outline though.

On the outline, the artist used a much thicker line to really make it stand out. The line is quite bold and dark, however in a few spots if you look very very closely you can actually see that the line is made up of 4 fine lines. From 6 inches away this cant even be noticed, however when you inspect closely you can distinguish the different lines comprising the outline. It appears the artist used a 4 pin flat head needle for the outline.

My question is. Is this normal or something I should be concerned about? It only happened on one small part of the outline and is not even noticeable from 6 inches or more. All the other lines are crisp and steady. Is this something that needs to be touched up?

I really hope someone can give me some advice on this because like I said, I’m new to the tattoo world and this is a moderate sized piece.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Please post a picture.
but from the sound of it I would say no that’s not normal. But then again if you have faith in your artist then have faith in your artist.

eddie1983man
Participant
@eddie1983man

Cheers mate, thanks for the reply. Here is the closeup pic of the line in question and a snap of the whole outline. You can see how it is a bit shaky and the multiple lines that make up the outline. I would have to say I’m happy with the rest of the outline aside from this one small section, as this is the only area in which the multiple lines can be seen.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/closeup2v.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/closeupxj.jpg

BTW, it is being done by Horikuz, an artist from the Horikazu tattoo family, so I trust he will fix this up as soon as it is healed.

Still would like to hear opinions. Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It does look a bit odd but the piece as a whole looks great. When it’s done it will look great.
Congrats on the tattoo

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Once the color’s put it, it’ll look amazing. I wouldn’t worry about the lines. Had you not pointed them out, I wouldn’t have noticed.

eddie1983man
Participant
@eddie1983man
maniacthw;96908 wrote:
Once the color’s put it, it’ll look amazing. I wouldn’t worry about the lines. Had you not pointed them out, I wouldn’t have noticed.

Thanks for the feedback. I only notice it when I get really close. I will post more pics as it comes along.
cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.