puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

Often I see photos of a big piece, like a sleeve, that has three pix in one which of course gives the viewer a nice idea of the work from diiferent angles. Is there any way to create this sort of photo other than using a big gun piece of software like Photoshop?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you are talking about the pictures where several are actually fitted and stretched together, I actually hate those images because they distort the perspectives and give (to me) worse outcome than just showing several angles in several pictures.

As for the program, yes that stuff is done in programs like Photoshop, but there are free alternatives. There’s a program called Paint.NET that does many of the key features from Photoshop, and it’s free. I’ve started using that a lot more than Photoshop for most things, because it’s only a few megabytes and opens in a couple of seconds instead of taking half the evening to open like Photoshop does 😀

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

ArniVidar, thanks for discussing why you don’t actually like those fitted together pix. I thought they were kind of the norm so its helpful to read your point of view explaining why you don’t like them.

I didn’t know about Paint.net – thanks for the link.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

I actually like them. I think it gives a good view of the whole piece and how it comes together and it can be viewed into 1 picture instead of several, kind of panoramic I guess.

Try the Google version of Photoshop, I forget what it’s called…Picaso??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.