ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

Ok so i know exactly where i want my next tattoo and i DID think i wanted a Dragon, Ive searced and searched high and low for something i liked the look of i had a small collection but was not bowled over by any of them.

But somethings changed, im not sure what it is but ive gone off the idea, to be honest im trying to have things that have some meaning in my life and Dragons dont fit even closely into that catagory, and also ive heard a few moans and groans about Dragons and Scorpions being told how unoriginal it is and its put me off.

But now ive got this space on my arm, im itching to get it tattood but i just cant think what id want. The sensible thing would be just to leave it and eventually something will come along that just makes sense. But im impatient.

I will obviously do the sensible thing and and just leave it but its typical of me to be so near mind made up, give it up, but still want an instant replacement. Is it just me? I could imagine quite a few others are the same.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
ukansodoff;86000 wrote:
Ok so i know exactly where i want my next tattoo and i DID think i wanted a Dragon, Ive searced and searched high and low for something i liked the look of i had a small collection but was not bowled over by any of them.

But somethings changed, im not sure what it is but ive gone off the idea, to be honest im trying to have things that have some meaning in my life and Dragons dont fit even closely into that catagory, and also ive heard a few moans and groans about Dragons and Scorpions being told how unoriginal it is and its put me off.

But now ive got this space on my arm, im itching to get it tattood but i just cant think what id want. The sensible thing would be just to leave it and eventually something will come along that just makes sense. But im impatient.

I will obviously do the sensible thing and and just leave it but its typical of me to be so near mind made up, give it up, but still want an instant replacement. Is it just me? I could imagine quite a few others are the same.

Meaning of the tattoo is really irrelavent. I mean sure you can think of something in your life to inspire a tattoo, but it really doesnt mean shit in the end. All that really matters is the tattoo itself and how good it looks. You’ve done the right thing by deciding to just wait a while. Now you need to atart looking at stuff. PAintings, posters, pictures, other tattoos… just get a general idea of what you want and start googling.

You say you wanted a dragon. You didnt say what kind of dragon you wanted. The 2 most common ones being the Asian dragon and the european dragon. Search for pics of those, not just tattoos of them, but general pictures as well. You dont need a exact picture of the one you want, you can collect multiple pictures with different aspects that you like. A good artist should be able to combine them. Also, just because something is unoriginal, doesnt mean its “bad” or “lame”. There are tons and tons of people with similar looking dragons, koi fish, skulls, roses, etc. But doesnt mean they arent good tattoos to get. If a dragon is what you want, dont be put off just because its a common theme. Or that fact that you cant seem to find any personal meaning. If it looks good, its a good tattoo and you should be proud to wear it.

Personally i spend months working out the ideas for my tattoos. For my chestpiece, i spent at least 6 months just thinking about the content and placement of the different parts of the piece and collecting reference pics of the different aspects of the tattoo. Only after that long period of time did i take it to my tattoo artist, and allowed him to make suggestions as well. Dont be afraid to take your time.

Adler
Participant
@adler

That happens to me, too, and probably a lot of people. It’s funny because a while ago I thought of getting a dragon but it didn’t happen and now I’m glad I didn’t get it. Just wait, when you know the design is right you’ll know it. As you know, don’t just get something because you have the empty space, make sure it’s what you really want.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Get a dinosaur tattoo instead.

cousin-to-pigeons.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.