ykwtdtgluip
Participant
@ykwtdtgluip

Im looking to get my first tattoo but trying to get some advice on how it would look on my bicep. wondering if i should make any alterations to the design to better suit a tattoo?

icarus.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

That would work well on your upper arm on he out side. it would be best big with the sun up in the shoulder blade area. Just find the right artist and that will be a rocking tattoo.

Danni
Participant
@danni

I agree with Buttwheat.. that will be a pretty bad ass tattoo if you get a good artist to do it

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Agree with above but if you have small arms consider it as a chest or backpiece as with that details bigger is def better.

Take care
Matthew

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

Thats actually pretty sweet! do you plan on getting the water and the boat as well?

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

That wouldn’t happen to be Icarus would it?

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
BossNass;83391 wrote:
That wouldn’t happen to be Icarus would it?

im pretty sure thats who it is

clay1680
@

yes it is definately Icarus, he flew to high and close to the sun and his wings began to burn and he fell into the sea

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
clay1680;83447 wrote:
yes it is definately Icarus, he flew to high and close to the sun and his wings began to burn and he fell into the sea

Now I’m not positive but I think he used wax as an adhesive and the heat of the sun melted the wax, that is why the feathers are falling off in the picture, but I could be wrong.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

I thought so. I thought they were sewn on.

clay1680
@

yea you guys are right i knew it was something like that

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Carlos torres would kill it

ykwtdtgluip
Participant
@ykwtdtgluip

Yeah the tattoo is of icarus. I belive his wings were held on by wax and thats why they melted, but with mythology and oral tales the story differes depending on the source. I have plretty large arms so i would stay with the upper arm, and yeah i think the water and boat would be a good frame to it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.