BossNass
Participant
@bossnass
alwheeler7;83293 wrote:
Hey guys thanks for the opinions 🙂

I’m taking them all into account and i really appreciate all the help.

Who knows maybe ill find a design i like more in the coming weeks.

As for the tribal, i dont know why i like it so much, its probably got something 2 do with the kind of music im into, bands like suicide silence and all that remains. I like hardcore stuff, and thats wat i want in a tattoo.

Ill definitely post it when i get it done, but i get payed every other week so it’ll be a few more weeks b4 i get it done. Maybe thats a good thing so ill have time 2 find something i like better? who knows.

Anyways thanks again guys have a good week

Dude, the hardcore scene hates tribal tattoos. I know, I happen to listen to hardcore as well. Look at people like Parkway Drives tattoos, or Oli Sykes, neither of them have tribal even though they are both in hardcore bands. Tribal is usually left in the realm for footy BLOKES who have more money the brains when it comes to tattoos. If you want something that represents hardcore, don’t get a tribal tattoo, take a look at hardcore bands tattoos and go from there.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Sorry if this comes off as me being an elitist or a douche in any way. Suicide Silence and Parkway Drive are not Hardcore. Hardcore is technically “hardcore punk” which includes bands like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Agnostic Front, Sick Of It All, and others of the like. A few of the members of these bands actually have tribal tattoos along with many other styles. These newer bands coming out are actually more of a rehashing of Swedish metal bands like At The Gates, The Haunted, and In Flames.

Don’t let the choices of a person in a band define you. Look through magazines and find an artist who can best translate what you want onto skin. Your tattoo will be with you longer than the bands you like right now will be around. Take as much time as is necessary and you won’t regret it.

If you like Suicide Silence and the like check out these other bands-

Gojira
Between The Buried And Me
Enslaved
Ion Dissonance
It’s A Trap !
From This Day (my old band, I think it’s still on iTunes)

Again sorry if that first part came off as me being a jerk. I’m just passionate about Hardcore and it’s history.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Hardcore isn’t hardcore punk, but, it does derive from punk. Gojira and Suicide Silence, really? Why?

None of the new core bands are rehashing of In Flames, I do agree a little with At the Gates though.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Why listen to Gojira? Cause they’re awesome! I suggested them because they are a bit different than Suicide Silence. I wouldn’t tell somebody to check out a clone of another band. I suggested bands in the same general genre that one might be interested in if they like blast beats and breakdowns.

I beg to differ about hardcore versus hardcore punk though. Those are the facts. The old guys in the scene used to call it hardcore punk themselves. I’m middle aged when it comes to the hardcore scene (32). I guess through laziness and abbreviation they dropped the “punk” part but that’s exactly where it came from. There are a few real hardcore bands around like Terror still playing it. I’m just saying all this deathcore, grindcore, and metalcore are derivatives of metal and not hardcore. But I guess I’m just nit-picking. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love metal. I played in a metal band for ten years.

I didn’t mean to hijack this thread. That’s all I’ve got to say about the subject.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Oh dude, I love Gojira, don’t get me wrong, just wondered why they were put in the same league as Suicide Silence.

I beg to differ, but, each to their own I guess.

alwheeler7
Participant
@alwheeler7

Alright guys im not trying 2 be a tool but i was just saying i like the black look of tribals and the sharp lines. I didnt mean 2 label the bands as hardcore, because there are so many genres for that kind of music nowadays, that i dont even keep track, its all hardcore 2 me lol.

So 2 clear it up, i think tribals are cool, they represent things im into, generally badassness haha.

I keep saying i appreciate your opinions, and i really do, but lets try and stay on subject here people lol.

knarF
Participant
@knarf

I’ve got to be honest, tribals aren’t normally for me. Partially because they just don’t “do it” for me, but partially because of the type of people you often see wearing them. But then i also try and avoid stereotyping people and i’m sure you’d dislike a lot of the things i like, but that’s just my opinion.

That said, i think tribals CAN be used to make good tattoos, and it sounds like you’ve got some fresh ideas which is nice and makes a change from most of the standard crap you see people getting.

I also agree that tattoos don’t have to have a meaning. You wouldn’t refuse to buy a painting or a wallpaper with a patern on it because the pattern had no personal meaning to you. I’ve got nothing against having meanings behind a tattoo, but it doesn’t seem neccissary to me.

Adler
Participant
@adler
alwheeler7;83318 wrote:
Alright guys im not trying 2 be a tool but i was just saying i like the black look of tribals and the sharp lines. I didnt mean 2 label the bands as hardcore, because there are so many genres for that kind of music nowadays, that i dont even keep track, its all hardcore 2 me lol.

So 2 clear it up, i think tribals are cool, they represent things im into, generally badassness haha.

I keep saying i appreciate your opinions, and i really do, but lets try and stay on subject here people lol.

Didn’t you introduce yourself as a writer? Is it really that hard 2 type the words “two” and “one” rather than using the numbers? Sorry, but reading your text-like posts is annoying…no offense, just saying.

alwheeler7
Participant
@alwheeler7

ok i’m not gonna try and be a dick about this, because I also said I didn’t want this 2 turn into a back and forth argument thread, but if u have a negative opinion about something, keep it 2 yourself. And yes it’s easier 2 type 2 and 1 when you’re typing on a cell phone, and thats what I’m doing so I dont care enough 2 let your negative opinion bother me.

Thanks knarf I appreciate your compliment.

Keep the posts coming guys, I’ll be getting the tatto around mid april, I’ll post a pic when it’s done.

TopTattooPics
Participant
@toptattoopics

Maybe by assigning a meaning for their new tattoo they have talked themselves into a reason / justifying getting it done

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

I actually agree with you Top.

alwheeler7
Participant
@alwheeler7

Yea thats 1 way to look at it.

And just 4 the record I’m not bashing people w/ meaningful tattoos. Cuz every tattoo is cool 2 me, it’s an art form and even stupid tattoos are works of art, given that they aren’t poorly done haha.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I agree that not all tattoos need to have a meaning. It depends on the person wearing them. I just believe in the person is happy with it and is going to stay happy with it as it’s permanent than thats all that matters. Meanings can be great things but aren’t necessary for everyone for every tattoo. Tribal tattoos are really simple and done a lot so if you want a unique tattoo tribal might not be the best idea but ultimately all that matters is if your happy with it. It’s your body after all.

Sakura Bodyart
Participant
@sakura-bodyart

You can create all types of tattoos, some to have meaning, and some without. We have a large spectrum of customers coming through our studio, I think that in general people who are getting the smaller tattoos do try and give justifacation and meaning to them. They’ll probably only have one tattoo maybe two in thier whole life. On the whole the people who are getting the larger peices of work created are doing it more so for the art. But the fact that you appreciate and admire the art gives the peice meaning to you on the whole.

Whatever style of tattoo you choose to get you should always check out the artist that you are going to see, make sure you look at picture of thier work beforehand. If you are dead set on a tribal style design then make sure you have reseached it yourself and take some reference with you when you go. Be open to suggestions from your artist on how to enhance your ideas to look good on your body.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.