blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

But don’t have money at the time. I actually had money saved up for it and ended up having to spend it because I had to have surgery!! Sooo how do you guys save money for ink when you’re tied up with bills?? I’m gonna go nuts! Its been 2 years since I’ve had anything! ๐Ÿ™ Do any of you get that feeling that you just have to have a tattoo? lol..I guess you probably do and thats why some of you have so many!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Just got to save as much as you can. If your sleeve has a number of separate pieces, you can get one piece at a time, waiting for a bit in between until you get more money. That might soothe your hunger for ink ๐Ÿ˜€

queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

I’m getting my half sleeve today! Woot! I’m using my tax return for it lol…what better way! ๐Ÿ™‚ anyway, its going to be quite spending and my artist said we can do all the lines and shading and wait for the color when I have more money…
…so you can do pieces at a time and wait for color! ๐Ÿ™‚

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

Depending on habits/vices/recreation….I usually tell people that on average, people spend between $20 and $40 a week on themselves…if you curb self spending, and put it out of sight/out of mind, and in addition save the extras you run across (change, dollars)…then within a couple of months, you will be on your way to haveing enough money for an addition to your arm! Keep in mind at all times wiether you want what you see, or the tattoo more. Its all mind over wants, and if you smoke or drink, it is also a good way to quit a habit and get a new one, lol! Good luck!

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Yes, I know the feeling very well. I’m slowly working on a sleeve on my right arm, piece by piece….it’s just a compilation of several different pieces, rather then a sleeve done all at once….but it’s been a few months since my last one, and as soon as I got my tax returns back I went right to the tattoo shop to make my appointment for the next piece. It’s only been a few months for me, so I can’t even imagine having to wait 2 years!!!

Yes, I’m highly addicted, and I’m perfectly happy with that. ๐Ÿ˜€

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I have to use my tax return on bills and my car. ๐Ÿ™ I want the whole thing at once!!! haha but thats not likely. I’ll have to do little by little!

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

i normally have money left after paying bills when i get paid, so i try and save some of that…

i’m just doing mine in pieces tho

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.