Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

well, i need to get a cover up, or a cover up done:) long story short, got my last name tattooed on my right arm, it was horribly crooked and i was upset. got the name redone on my left arm by a different artist and it turned out just how i wanted. well 2 yrs later got a cover up of the bad one… a cross…. and i mean NO DISRESPECT but i am not real religious at all… i got it because i always represent crosses with good luck and i was going to get my kids name and everything with it..

well NOW im covering it up with another tattoo. A snake with vines the 1st pic is just a very fast drawing my tattoo guy did for a general idea… 2nd one was a terrible coloring in of the tattoo that I did.. just an idea, i have this posted on my snake forums but there looking at it from the snake perspective and i need ppl to see it from the tattoo perspective.

i want honesty, but dont be complete asses…..

pics…

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

**PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE JUST SKETCHES… NOT THE REAL DEAL….**

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Just do black, grey and maybe one other color but more black and grey so the one other color pops. Here’s a some threads on Tattoo Coverups just for thoughts. If I am reading this right this is your third coverup in the same spot right? You may want to laser some first to remove previous tattoos a little so the third one is one you truly love. I don’t know if I have ever seend a third coverup on the same piece?!? You are going to different tattooers right? Hope this helps….

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

Lol this will be the 2nd cover up. And its the same shop that I got the cross at, not the original tattoo…… the work Is good, its just my beliefs have changed and a cross isn’t for me….

As for the coloring I really want those colors bc that’s the colors of the snake, I want realism, but ill play around with some black and grey.

Thanks!!!

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Cool, just a preference in styles. The tattooer would know best anyways……look forward to pictures.

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

my stupid bitch of a fiance wont let me get the snake… so any other ideas to cover up a cross please help!

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

IMAG0394.jpg

pics of said cross… sorry for bad pic, but i wasnt going to ask my fiancee to help me… any thoughts on cover ups… or add ons maybe? ive always liked angel wings, but then again.. not religious at all…

thanks..

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider
Dairik22;77884 wrote:
my stupid bitch of a fiance wont let me get the snake… so any other ideas to cover up a cross please help!

So……you’re really not gonna get what you want cause she won’t “let you”…lol. Sorry, couldn’t help but laugh. That’d be the day someone I loved told me what I can or cannot do. Anyways, it’s gonna be hard to cover that cross up, I think. It’s a fair size and quite dark, so your tattoo artist is gonna be the best person to talk to about workin’ it out, and maybe give you some ideas, as it seems you really have no idea what you want anyways, besides the cross gone. Have you considered lasering it first and starting somewhat fresh?

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

This Is the one thing that she isn’t going to let me do… we talked and I tyink I’m getting it on my leg instead…

After thinking and twlkkng it over with friends I am keepig the cross, it is getting touched up and going to add more to it, just not sure yet.

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

two things really stand out to me here, the first being that you really have to think about your tattoos a lot more than you have done, did the artist not let you look at the placement for the first one before starting? if so why did you let him start if it wasn’t right?
and the second, and i mean no disrespect at all but the day anybody bar a tattoo artist decides what goes on my body is the day i bend over and take a shafting off peter north! man its your body do what you want with it not what others agree with!! if that was my woman she would be told to like it or fuck off!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

If you ask me, the only reason your fiance’ qualifies as a “stupid bitch” is that she’s with a moron like you. Saying crap like that behind her back shows a total lack of respect, and frankly, you should be down on your knees thanking the Lord above that any woman would even consider touching you with that shit cross on your arm. Christ on a cracker is it awful–which is fitting, all things considered.

Besides, I’m almost certain that snake design wouldn’t cover that cross up anyway. You want it gone, you’re gonna need a laser.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22

okay, as for the 1st original tattoo i did look at it in the mirror, but when i was looked at it in the mirror it looked straight (because i was turned looking back into the mirror ) so it LOOKED right, but forgot that i was turned.

as for the cross i did think about it, i was plannin on getting a cross with my kids names and some light rays comming through the clouds…. as i said, some things in my life changed and my religious beleifs sorta went out the window… it is NOT like i went in, pointed to a cross on the wall, and got it…

as for my fiancee not wanting me to get it let me clear that up…. i came to this forum to get tattoo advice, NOT LOVE ADVICE! so none of you guys fucking buisness… sorry. She puts up with all the other crap i do, all the money i spend, all the alcohol i drink and everything i do, in 6 yrs this is the 1st time she says no and i have to respect that.

and she said that i CAN get it, just not over the cross… she is the only person i will listen to when it comes to things i want..

back to the update, i will get getting it on my side or my leg. so now i need to think of something to add with the cross…

dont be shy to throw out some ideas…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Honesty, without being an ass…. hmm…

That cross can’t be covered up. It’s way too dark for that. It is also not well done. Laser that bitch.
That snake design could never have covered up that cross. Your artist apparently has no clue what cover-up means.
I have no respect for men who talk thusly about/to their fiancé/girlfriend/wife/significant other. I now dislike you.

Dairik22
Participant
@dairik22
ArniVidar;77931 wrote:
Honesty, without being an ass…. hmm…

That cross can’t be covered up. It’s way too dark for that. It is also not well done. Laser that bitch.
That snake design could never have covered up that cross. Your artist apparently has no clue what cover-up means.
I have no respect for men who talk thusly about/to their fiancé/girlfriend/wife/significant other. I now dislike you.

no dis respect to you… i dont give a shit if you like me or not, i didn’t join this forum to achieve friendship with anyone… and i DO NOT go around always talking about her like that, it was the heat of the moment and i was pissed… we all say things we dont mean…

any way can you people read?? i said im not getting it covered up. getting it touched up, and some stuff added to it. please close this thread because i no longer need it open. I AM KEEPING THE CROSS, AND GETTING THE SNAKE ON MY SIDE… I WILL NOT SAY IT AGAIN, SO CAN A MOD, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD B4 MORE ILLITERATE FUCKING PEOPLE DECIDE TO GET ON HERE AND COMMENT ABOUT IT. THANKS 🙂

as for my artist… lets see here.. he does know his shit… i dont have to prove anything to you people, but hes got plenty or awards and trophies to prove it. that is all im saying about that…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Thread closed as per request.
Infraction given for poor manners and bad language.
Have a nice day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Cover up thread..’ is closed to new replies.