larz
Participant
@larz

well im getting my right sleeve started next wednesday. its gonna be done by my dad, and so far i only have one tattoo on that arm, the letters R I P in my forearm so that when i cross my arms its visible. i want the whole sleeve to be a tribute to my younger brother who passed away earlier this year at just the age of 14. im going to incorporate some things that are symbolic of him to me(dream catcher, feathers, skateboard, diamonds) but im not sure of what else in the tattoo community is symbolic of things like strength, trust, love, and loss. im not really looking for peices, but more like a way to tie them together. i know i want a lotus flower, and also probably some roses, just to keep it more of that oldschool look and style that i want, im not really sure how to tie it all together. i like the idea of clouds or smoke, how ever you picture it, to hold the whole peice together, but i want something that establishes the whole sleeve as one peice instead of a bunch of random tattoos with a background. any help with any of this?

larz
Participant
@larz

cmon guys, anybody?

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

Best thing to do is go to the artist, I know you’ll see that alot on this forum. But that’s simply cause it’s the truth, go to the artist with all these ideas, and if you have things you already know you want take images and start brainstorming ideas. They’re going to be the ones working the ink so they’re going to have the best idea of what they can do.

Just my .02

larz
Participant
@larz

yeah, much appreciated
i was just wondering on if anyone had ideas, like flower pedals running through the tattoo, or ideas on symbols of love, strength, courage, remembrance

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

That is a whole lot of stuff to put in one tattoo and actually pretty different styles to bring into one cohesive piece. Maybe choose traditional or japanese or spiritual or ??? then go from there. I would one hundred percent second the goto the tattooer with your idea and let them work their magic and trust their opinion(s). Are there some tattooers you like to get an idea of style?

I like the skateboard idea but skateboarding to me represents many things that could be a whole sleeve. So I guess pick one or two objects and go from there……hope this helps?????

larz
Participant
@larz

well to give you guys an idea of what he was like, the link to a youtube video i made is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahR1c_lE400
does this make you think of anything?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.