luminousfish
Participant
@luminousfish

I was wondering what effects different skin types have when it comes to getting ink. What i mean is like when i pinch the skin on my fore arm i can only get my finger and thumb as close as 1cm and not much stretch whereas my friend can make his finger and thumb practically touch each other and he has a lot of elasticity in his skin. I ask because i am getting a full sleeve done starting in december and one tattooist told me my skin type is very hard to tattoo and another said it doesnt matter. Also do tattoos age better on certain skin types?

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

I dont know if I follow you. The reason an artist would say your “skin type” is harder to tattoo is if you have a darker skin tone. Colors show up better on light skin. I may be wrong, but I’ve never heard anything saying that skin is hard to tattoo because of how elastic it is…

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Unless you are one giant walking callous you should be ok.

What are you getting?

luminousfish
Participant
@luminousfish

i know it seemed like a weird question but when i hear conflicting things from different people who do the same job i seek reassurance.

I am getting a sleeve with a Demon/Fantasy theme with flames, skulls and tormented souls linking the centre pieces. I have chosen a multi headed hydra, a demon babe, and a reaper forthe top of my arm cuz that needs to cover up an old mistake. just not fully decided on my outer forearm yet. I have chosen the theme because i love reading fantasy novels. They take up quite a chunk of my life. Damn, late for work…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.