Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

When I first started getting inked the only guns were the traditional electric guns but recently my artist has switched to the new Numa’s. Ive noticed that these new guns are less forgiving never bog down and are noticeably more, dare I say, painful then the traditional guns. Ive also noticed that I have not experienced less if any bleed out. I have 3 tat’s that were done with in 3 months of each other, 2 with the traditional gun and one with the Numa and the Numa looks as if it were done last week where as the others look years old. Has any one else experienced this? Any ideas why this would be?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

numas break all the time. especially the hybrids. i agree about the vibrant colors tho. try getting some work with a stigma hyper, you will be blown away!

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Stigma hyper? what type of gun is that I know hes looking at getting some new gun but not sure what Ill be seeing him here in a few weeks as I moved states 6 months ago and am getting ready to head home. Im one of those loyalist who sticks with an artist that has done me right and Bo is an awesome artist who is extremely fair with his pricing and honest not like some Ive talked to here in TX. They were worried about price gouging on gas a few years back well its nothing compared to some of the tattooist here. WOW!!!:eek:

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

check this piece out that phil garcia did on my right inner knee. won best of day at the 2009 las vegas expo.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=143990878&albumID=2177493&imageID=39487684

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i have gotten work with both. here is one done with the numa hybrid:
l_4f3f8e49f7d04d7ea3d752b31fe76873.jpg
done by phil garcia who swears by the numa.

this was done with the stigma hyper
l_88dd96c681614d86be9d34ff27446f39.jpg
by cecil porter who uses mostly stigma hyper and sometimes a hawk.

in the end what it comes down to is the artist. i say 95% is the artist and 5% is the machine that artist uses. hell ive seen someone use a craptastic spaulding and rogers machine and do some super sick work with it.

i have to agree with you about the pain form the numa tho. the numa was the most pain i ever had from a tattoo. i dont know if it was because of location (inner knee/thigh) but that shit hurt! i almost wanted to quit after the first 5 minutes!!

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Thats some sweet work you have there!

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill
Mountain_Man;70775 wrote:
Stigma hyper? what type of gun is that I know hes looking at getting some new gun but not sure what Ill be seeing him here in a few weeks as I moved states 6 months ago and am getting ready to head home. Im one of those loyalist who sticks with an artist that has done me right and Bo is an awesome artist who is extremely fair with his pricing and honest not like some Ive talked to here in TX. They were worried about price gouging on gas a few years back well its nothing compared to some of the tattooist here. WOW!!!:eek:

Please quit calling them GUNS. You use a GUN to shoot bullets and kill bad guys and the occasional indian on TV. Cops use GUNS to kill robbers, and bad guys use GUNS to kill anyone. When you tattoo, whether it is a Hyper, Numa, or an Old School machine, then it is a TATTOO MACHINE not a gun. You wouldn’t like it if I tattooed you with a gun, so call it what it is.

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill

By the way, both of those tattoos are beyond awesome.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man
S.Neill;70804 wrote:
Please quit calling them GUNS. You use a GUN to shoot bullets and kill bad guys and the occasional indian on TV. Cops use GUNS to kill robbers, and bad guys use GUNS to kill anyone. When you tattoo, whether it is a Hyper, Numa, or an Old School machine, then it is a TATTOO MACHINE not a gun. You wouldn’t like it if I tattooed you with a gun, so call it what it is.

Excuse me but everyone that I have been around i.e. gotten my work done by has refereed to them as ” Tattoo Gun” and how I refereedr to a piece of are is just how I speak no need to get snide about it everyone is different :rolleyes:

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

thx guys!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.