tgrssn
Participant
@tgrssn

I have a tattoo that was done by a local artist. It turned out beautifully and I really like it but I feel like it’s a little unfinished. Me and the artist had ideas to expand on it and he was supposedly drawing ideas for me. I would like to have the original artist finish it but I can’t get a hold of him. I know he’s around but he is ignoring me. He’s an amazing artist but he’s also very exclusive and frankly more than a little pretentious. I might have done something to “offend’ him although I can’t imagine what. I kissed his ass for a month just to get into his private studio, thanked him multiple times, and tipped over 30%.

What should I do? Should I just let it be and scrap my ideas to expand? Should I try to contact this guy again and apologize? My friend told me that this tattooer has a lot of pull in the community and that if I were to have somebody else touch his work that I’d be blacklisted by every tattoo artist in town.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger
tgrssn;70692 wrote:
I have a tattoo that was done by a local artist. It turned out beautifully and I really like it but I feel like it’s a little unfinished. Me and the artist had ideas to expand on it and he was supposedly drawing ideas for me. I would like to have the original artist finish it but I can’t get a hold of him. I know he’s around but he is ignoring me. He’s an amazing artist but he’s also very exclusive and frankly more than a little pretentious. I might have done something to “offend’ him although I can’t imagine what. I kissed his ass for a month just to get into his private studio, thanked him multiple times, and tipped over 30%.

What should I do? Should I just let it be and scrap my ideas to expand? Should I try to contact this guy again and apologize? My friend told me that this tattooer has a lot of pull in the community and that if I were to have somebody else touch his work that I’d be blacklisted by every tattoo artist in town.

Stop being such a suck up and find ya balls.
You need to march in there and ask when your tattoo is gonna be finished.
Be freindly and polite but be firm.
Make sure you “pop” in when the shop is busy and drop your part finished tat right out so everyone can pass comments.

tgrssn
Participant
@tgrssn

Thanks for the reply. If he had a shop I’d go there. The problem is that his studio is a private residence behind a locked gate. He’s never there at any specific time. I know where he lives but just showing up at his house is like, kinda crossing the line.

I guess I don’t need advice on how to handle this guy. I’m more interested in knowing whether or not you consider it wrong to have somebody else finish his tattoo.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

If he is ignoring you, I don’t think it’s wrong to get it finished by someone else.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Your guy sounds like a real douche. There are no rules for this subject. Most people will not use the same artist all the time. I consider myself a collector and like to have work done buy various artists. Sometimes you can add to a piece by haveing someone else add thier personal touch. If this guy is locked up behind a gate and won’t return your calls, fuck him! And as for you getting blacklisted, c’mon, what will they do post you pic at all the local shops. There are more great tattoo artists than ever before and you should have no problem finding a replacement.

Who is the original artist and where does he work? Just curious.

tgrssn
Participant
@tgrssn
xxTOPDOGxx;70794 wrote:
Your guy sounds like a real douche. There are no rules for this subject. Most people will not use the same artist all the time. I consider myself a collector and like to have work done buy various artists. Sometimes you can add to a piece by haveing someone else add thier personal touch. If this guy is locked up behind a gate and won’t return your calls, fuck him! And as for you getting blacklisted, c’mon, what will they do post you pic at all the local shops. There are more great tattoo artists than ever before and you should have no problem finding a replacement.

Who is the original artist and where does he work? Just curious.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, he is a total doucher, no doubt. That said, I’ll put up w/ buckets of his douche if he’d finish this fucking thing up. He fully understands what I’m looking for better than anybody else I’ve talked to.

Anyway, yeah, I’m having somebody else do the back half of my arm. I totally agree w/ the collector thing. I’m not trying to have one person do all my tats either. I’d prefer to have art from a number of artists I like.

That said, every artist I’ve talked to (locally, not here) has concurred that it’s way out of line to have somebody else touch this tattoo. Everybody pussyfoots around this guy like he’s some sort of tattooing mafioso or something. I can’t help but wonder wtf they all suck his ass.

I’d prefer not to say who this guy is.

knarF
Participant
@knarf

At the end of the day if he hasn’t finished his work, and he’s not answering your calls then he’s leaving you no other option.
Obviously it would be right and might turn out better to get him to finish it, so maybe just leave him a few missed calls and a message or two, if he doesn’t get back then he isn’t interested and can’t really have anything against you for going someehere else since it’s pretty much his fault.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

Wow, I can’t believe what an ass this guy is. If he is that great why doesn’t he want to finish the piece? You think he’d wouldn’t be proud to have half done work out there. I’d just go to someone else. Why should you have to chase this guy around if he’s gonna be a dick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.