dolf_peeters
Participant
@dolf_peeters

Hi,

I’m going in tomorrow to get a 1/2 sleeve(it think that’s what it’s called done – it’s my upper arm) and was just wondering if any one has any advise. I’ve been waiting for my appointment for nearly 8weeks so really looking fwd to it!

Thanks

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Are you sure its a true half-sleeve? Those usually take multiple sessions.

Anyway, be sure to eat something before going in, try not to take any pain medication, at least until after its done, and just relax.

dolf_peeters
Participant
@dolf_peeters
Ross_W;70482 wrote:
Are you sure its a true half-sleeve? Those usually take multiple sessions.

Anyway, be sure to eat something before going in, try not to take any pain medication, at least until after its done, and just relax.

sorry, tomorrow is the first session

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

My suggestion is to focus you attention away from the pain and make sure you breath deep and relax. The more you tense your muscles the more it hurts. Find your happy place- puppy dogs, rainbows, velvet…. What ever makes you feel warm and cozy- and hang on to that. And don’t feel like a pansy if you need to take a break or if you have had enough for the day, you know your body better than anyone else and if it’s telling you to quit, quit.

Have fun and post some pics!

dolf_peeters
Participant
@dolf_peeters

huge dissapointment today …went in for my appointment, but the artist had my design mixed up with some-one elses(both have a certain local building in it hence the confusion) so he wasnt able to do the tattoo today 🙁

he is now booked up till september but has a second artist working there who could do the tatt this month as she works here for 6monthsand abroad for 6months and has only just set here final days for returning so her roster was still fairly open.

He has also said that if he has a cancalation he will fit me in.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

That sucks about the mix up. I’d be pissed!

About the ‘pain advice’…it’s really not that bad. Ya it’s uncomfortable, but you’ll live I promise!:D

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
irishman301;70523 wrote:
That sucks about the mix up. I’d be pissed!

About the ‘pain advice’…it’s really not that bad. Ya it’s uncomfortable, but you’ll live I promise!:D

I must be a huge pansy then because this was one of the most painful things I have ever done.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Well, you dealt with the pain, and got the tattoo completed anyway….so that makes you not a pansy.:D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.