Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

They are both shitty.
Horribly shitty.

Instead of getting a tattoo because you think stars are cute and kanji is classy…get something that is meaningful to you.
Or something extrordinarily beautiful.

You’re not cool, chick.
Get over it.

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

Hiya Sherry!!

Harsh comments I must say from some of our members here… most of the comments are from professionals and when they have the opportunity (which you gave them) to speak their opinion on a tatt then they aren’t going to sugar coat it… I am not a professional and therefore will not rate them or put my two cents in. I am an enthusiast who has seen some really amazing work and I have seen some really bad too. Some artists are just better than others.

Like other’s have posted… if you are satisfied and you like them, then that’s all that matters.

Shit you should see my first and only one… I know it doesn’t have much to it and is not the greatest kanji tatt but it has MUCH meaning to me and I made sure what I wanted translated correctly. That’s all that mattered to me. I am satisfied and if others are not I could care less.

Concerning Outlaws post about switching up artists in the middle of your tatts production… I agree with him so please keep in mind a certain respect and I guess you could say possess a certain etiquette when it comes to working with tattoo artists.

airmail
Participant
@airmail

Sherry you can do a lot with the star. You could turn it into a 3D star. You can use the red as a back ground for anything you want inside the star. Many possibilities. The Kanji can be the start of a much bigger piece. I would go to a artist and have him draw some ideas up.

Some people on this site can be down right cruel. What gets me is how some people think they know what you are thinking. She must know there bad she must have a reason for asking. You’re right she ask because she wants other people’s opinion. That’s all. Amazing. If you don’t like the tats say so and maybe offer your expert advice on how you would make it better. Why try and make someone fell bad about something that is permanent on their body. I know she asked. That’s BS.

Sherry I give you all the credit in the world for getting a tat. Takes guts. As long as you are pleased with them thats all that matters.

SherryAR
Participant
@sherryar

Thanks to the last two posters for their encouragement. I’ve been planning on turning my star into a nautical star, and getting my chinese one filled in better (retouched up which the artist even said I may need when I first got it). It’s not a big deal but the haters on here got so worked up about it!:confused:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
SherryAR;68413 wrote:
It’s not a big deal but the haters on here got so worked up about it!:confused:

You come to a forum populated by people who take tattoos seriously, many of whom, including myself, take them as serious expressions of self, art, and that possess an almost spiritual quality. Tattoos and the art involved in them are a part of who many of us are, and you show up with half assed ink and ask our opinion.

I repeat, what did you expect us to say? Hell, for us, we were very polite. We haven’t even begun to hate. But, come on, keep bitching about us giving honest opinions. That’s SURE to end well for ya.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ElevenEleven
Participant
@eleveneleven

I agree they’re not super inspired and will add that the star looks to me like it’s somehow bigger than it needs to be, if that makes sense.

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates

cliche…

sorry love, but there are just way too many stars and kanji symbols out there

the star seems a little too big, IMO

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.