wolfy2
Participant
@wolfy2

Hey everyone, first time poster. 19 year old male from CT, 3 large pieces so far. Thinking about getting a quote on my shoulder blade, but I’m worried it’s too “girly.” I’m not one to worry too much about what others think… but also don’t want to get a girly tattoo haha.

The quote is- “When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.”

I also want to incorporate a bluejay into the piece, would this tattoo be too feminine?

any opinions would be appreciated, thanks

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

The fact that you want to add a bluejay to it makes it immediately feminine in my opinion. However, does the quote mean something important to you or is it just something you like the sound of? If it has a deep meaning to you then you shouldn’t really matter what others think but if it’s just something you like the sound of then I, personally, would re-consider.
Any help at all?

wolfy2
Participant
@wolfy2

Sorry if my original post is unclear.. This quote has a deep meaning to me, I really connect with it, it describes my situation well as I am about to graduate college and venture out into the real world. thanks for the reply

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

If it is something that you love and want then do it. If you feel that strongly to have it inked permantly onto yourself then you shouldn’t be seeking advice from relative strangers. Not being snarky or anything, but it seems if you need to seek approval then maybe you aren’t 100%.

BTW, my opinion, the quote is lovely but the bird not so.

Take care xx

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I think that maybe you should have something that relates more to the quote or the reason for the tattoo than a bird-steer away from birds or butterflies etc. I know why you went for a bird because it signifies freedom but think of something other than a bluejay…..from the image I have in my head that could look girly unless you get a macho kind of bluejay?

vaglocker
Participant
@vaglocker

Ace the bird and just get a few skulls around it. That should butch it up for ya 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.