Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

damn that cancer joke is harsh, if that guy is dead now your a cunt lol

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Ben

That was my whole point to him – you spend your life been a nasty bastard chances are something bad is gonna happen and you are gonna get nil sympathy from those around you.

Since I am now nearly 33 I have had a number of years to get over it. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for him.

Take Care
Matthew

ka sjer
@

i was thinking of going there to to take a tattoo.. looks like not good idea..
anyone else been there ??

i was thinking of getting lots of tattoo work done in thai…

so thailand is not the place to go ?

octopus
@

I just got back from Phuket Thailand only 2 weeks ago.
Tattooing is huge over there.Not like in the 1st world countries where you rarely see shops (not that they aren’t around..it just like you don’t see many) Walking down a main street in the Patong district you could pass 6 tattooists, maybe more.
Anyway, the marority of places I saw looked really clean. Like a western Tattoo parlour, nicely laid out and CLEAN. Almost all where pretty busy,especially at night and they had nice looking designs in nice looking display books.
I thought seriously about finishing a sleeve off that I have on the go.I spoke to a guy from Denmark who had work done over there a year ago and he was big wrap for it. The price is half to 2/3 cheaper than here in Australia but you know what?
I didn’t do it.
For all the reasons that you have all seen in the posts above I decided not to let some dude who probably downloaded some nice pics off the web to make up his books, got a cheap gun and even cheaper inks and needles, then leased a tiny stall and put up a sign “i am a Tattooist” to try to make a living, poke holes in my body to allow any number of seriosly dodgy disease’s that Thailand has to offer enter my blood stream.

But don’t get me wrong..Its a great place to go and visit!!!

iMark
Participant
@imark

I was in Thailand for a couple of weeks, around Krabi and Ko Phangan and Octopus is right – tattoo parlours are everywhere over there. I didn’t take a good look at any so I can’t really speak to their quality or cleanliness, but it’s not too hard to understand why some tourists would be tempted, particularly when alcohol is involved.

I do feel a little sorry towards anyone who goes out there are gets a poor quality tattoo, but then I can’t believe people get tattooed on the spur of the moment. It’s a potentially life changing decision which is deserving of a lot of thought, but I suspect too many people in Thailand simply go into a tattoo parlour and order Generic Tattoo #3 off the wall display just because they think it looks cool.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Seriously, I wuld not even be remotely tempted

VV11
Participant
@vv11

Sorry you had a rough experience; I wouldn’t expect that in Phuket, the place is a huge tourist hub.

Got one of my done down there with little problems.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

The problem is that the folks there aren’t stupid.
They know what Australian, European and American people with just enough brains to do some basic research will look for when selecting a tattoo parlor. So they’ll make it look nice and clean, but you won’t be able to tell whether their equipment (guns and ink) is up to the recommended quality standard or whether the guy using it actually knows what he is doing.
You can download hi-res tattoo pictures from anywhere and slap them all into a nice display folder and tell everyone you did them.
Best bet is probably still asking around for recommendations first. That’s what I did, and that for a parlor in Northern Ireland, not somewhere halfway round the world.

John Rubin
Participant
@john-rubin

pictures please. if you go cheap -most likely you get crap

tahnee
@

I have been going to phuket for the last 4 years and i just got a tattoo done at Aussinc on rat u thit road. i love it, it has so much detail and the guy showed me the new needle.. (wish he didnt tho, made me more scared) A lot of my family have had tattoos done in thailand and many friends from thailand too, so far no one has had any problems.. altho we do research into the place we go to.. They do say thailand does not use the same ink as australia.. therefore it fades abit more.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.