peytonk
Participant
@peytonk

I got my inner bicep done on Monday, Dec 7th. The piece spans from my armpit to elbow. I’m a drummer and have a show on Sunday, Dec 13. Will playing mess up my tattoo?

thanks

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

With proper aftercare, you should be fine 6 days later

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

put vaseline on it so it doesnt rub on your skin and chafe.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

and get a pic up 😀

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

You’re fine man.
Just keep it moisturized.

And post some picsssss

peytonk
Participant
@peytonk

i’ve been using Curel unscented moisturizer, and washing it with antibacterial soap in the shower. Is there any other aftercare i should be doing?

105br5v.jpg

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

nice crisp roses, never go a miss, nice clean colours too man – i was told not to use soap as it dries over the tattoo but im not sure, as i say, just put vaseline on it to make extra sure that you dont chafe it against yourself

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You will be fine just wear a baggy T and it will be enough.
Tattoos are very resilient as long as you do not pick or constantly rub them.

Take Care
Matthew

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

aye, i went scuba diving 3 days after i got mine done in a wetsuit so youll be fine, i just whacked lots of vaseline on XD (the tattoo :O)

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
Benjaminho wrote:
put vaseline on it so it doesnt rub on your skin and chafe.

DONT USE VASELINE !!!

vaseline should never be used on a tattoo once you leave the shop/studio.
anything grease or oil based can pull out the pigment and totally screw up your tattoo…… if ya want to do it then fine but dont give other people bad advice please !!!!!

@ peytonk..

just place a small amount of none or low scented moisturiser on it and wear baggy clothing….. everything will be fine

ps…. nice piece 😉

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
Outlaw;54925 wrote:
DONT USE VASELINE !!!

vaseline should never be used on a tattoo once you leave the shop/studio.
anything grease or oil based can pull out the pigment and totally screw up your tattoo…… if ya want to do it then fine but dont give other people bad advice please !!!!!

@ peytonk..

just place a small amount of none or low scented moisturiser on it and wear baggy clothing….. everything will be fine

ps…. nice piece 😉

I agree if anything aquaphor, thats what I use for the first two days after getting ink done. eventhough its a week old i was told vaseline prevents the tat from breathing. I would use nothing berfore ever using vaseline. Stick with curel fragrance free, and non bacterial soap, and like some said a loose shirt

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

wear loose clothing and as mentioned use Vaseline.

And I would like to add that since the weather is unpredictable, it can greatly affect you, if it is hot, sweating too much is very bad for the tattoo.

peytonk
Participant
@peytonk

It’s starting to peel all over and in some spots i’m afraid i’m losing more color than i should.
I’ve been using Curel unscented moisturizer and taking really good care of it. Is there anything else i should be doing to keep it vibrant?

ps- thanks for all of your help everyone

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

was just thinking vaseline is a numb nuts idea :rolleyes:

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

:O sorry i had no idea lol my tattooist recommended that i use it (when i told him about me going diving) he said just put some vaseline on it to create a layer – totally my bad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.