Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    phallard;43835 wrote:
    Totally agree with Sherav, the tattoo on my shoulder blade hurt like you wouldn’t believe.

Gotta second this one, I’d put it on par with the one on my chest is terms of pain. The area the original poster was talking about isn’t particularly bad, not saying it’s pleasant though.

FairyLady
    Participant
    @fairylady

I’ve only got one tattoo on my back, that was done in 2,5 hours time…

It sure wasn’t enjoyable or anything, but most of it was very bearable. The bits that are going more towards my actual ribcage were very very sensitive, and the few that are going towards my spine too. Anything in between, I’ve got enough flesh to serve as a buffer;). The only bits where I almost had to bite my tears away, were the bits that are going up towards my armpit. 2,5 hours were certainly do-able for me, but I must say I was really glad it was over, too. The breaks he took in between were helpful, too (first drew all the fine lines, pause, then filled them up, pause, then shading). Also didn’t feel much difference between the drawing of the outlines and the shading – but then my shading isn’t that extensive.

The weird thing is, that I now don’t really remember much of that time – it’s more of a blur, actually. I tried to be as calm and relaxed as possible during the session, and I sortof put my mind in another place – thinking that it only gets worse if you focus on the pain. I also had slept and eaten normally (‘coz no food = very cranky Fairy), and I never felt any nausea or anything coming up.

@Butterfly_kisses: the itch also drove me up the walls after a week into the healing proces… In my case, it helped to put some greasy bodymilk on it; the more you feed your skin, the less it will get irate. At that moment, all crusts had fallen of already, and my skin had already gotten pretty smooth, too… So I figured it could do no harm. And it didn’t…

aldridge09
    Participant
    @aldridge09

Hey, i have tattoos on my shoulder blade, ribs, and chest/upper armpit area. Id have to say my ribs was the easiest of them all. Tickled to be honest. And Ill agree, the shoulder probably hurt the most. THe soft spot above my pit was pretty sensitive, but it was worst when it hit my collarbone..Vibrations man….they killed.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    actual ribcage were very very sensitive,

Oh boy wait till you get your ribs done!:eek:

spioi
    Participant
    @spioi

I think the itching is worse than the pain. lasts for days. I’m in the process of getting my back done. top of the shoulder and spine hurt the most. going for a 5 hour session this weekend. going from my back to butt and down the back of one leg . I’d rather sit thru line work than shading.

scottishbeagle
    Participant
    @scottishbeagle
    aldridge09;45045 wrote:
    but it was worst when it hit my collarbone..Vibrations man….they killed.

couldnt agree more!! when I was getting my collarbone tattooed I could feel it up my jaw!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Round 3 on my tattoo on friday ……. got two lily’s on a real soft part of my arm to do 🙁
    not looking forward to it lol
    got at least 3 more sessions i think

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

After a short session with the latest tattooist I’ve been going to, I have to say that a lot of the pain you’ll feel when getting tattooed also depends on your artist’s technique. When I had my back shaded, it hurt quite a bit. When I got my chest shaded with the new artist, it didn’t hurt anywhere near as much, even directly on the collarbone.

G3NESYS
    Participant
    @g3nesys

something weird that happened with my tatts, and ive heard a few other ppl say this
    it actually hurt less on my spine
    i have one across the top of my back and it goes on the bone right at the bottom of my neck and it seemed to go numb faster than the rest of that tattoo did, so surprisingly it was the least painful spot of that tatt

the cross on my back was about the same as far as bein less painful on th bone, but the worst was when he did the bottom and was in like my kidney area. that was probably the most painful part of that tatt

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

my back didnt hurt much at all, so far my spine and wrist has ben the least painful.
    the sides of my arm is killing me though lol

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

There was a spot near my collarbone on the front of my shoulder that didn’t hurt a bit. It honestly felt like something was vibrating on my skin.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.