BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

I’m just curious to see if anyone else has problems when healing new tattoos or while maintaining exisiting ones? My problem is that I get small acne spots here and there on my ink/surrounding it at times. It comes and goes, sometimes a small bubble or two here and there…nothing major BUT it drives me crazy.:mad:

I use Aquaphor from Eucerin on fresh/new tattooos and either Vaseline Insensive Rescue loation or Vaseline Aloe Fresh hydrating lotion.

Does anyone else have problems? What are you using?
    OR
    Does anyone NOT have ANY problems and have a product that they live by? If so, please fill me in!:eek:

Griffter666
    Participant
    @griffter666

I’ve ever had any Acne on them, they do their usual flaking and such but I guess different things happen to different people, my mate itches like crazy whenever he has a piece done but me, not so much. I have found though that the two tattoos that I have with Red in them, the red ink comes up a bit patchy and I have to have it re-coloured. Don’t know why this is, I take great care of them and everything!

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Hi

I personally have bad skin for some reason on my upper arms and get exactly what your talking about. It’s not acne I can’t remember the correct name for it, but yes it ends up take parts of my tattoos out.

Cheers
    Marcus

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Okay Biker WTF is your problem don’t send me that shit in my inbox. I’m on here giving my opinion like everybody else you Sir need to stop acting like a child and grow up. I’m not saying i know everything and I never once said that in any of my posts. All im trying to do is help as much as i possibly can, if I’m wrong correct me PLEASE

Cheers
    Marcus

(You my friend, are one STUPID fucking idiot. Simply put, please don’t be an “internet hardass”. Anyone can think that they know it all, and everyone can act in a diff. persona via internet but when it all comes down to it, you still look like an idiot)

Internet hardass are you fucked in the head PLEASE never talk to me again, your lack of respect is unbelieveable you don’t even know me. I’m not trying to be anybody but someone trying to help. OHH AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW YOU LOOK LIKE AND IDIOT SENDING THAT PM

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

The problem with acne is to do with the sebaceous glands which are located beneath the hair follicles on the skin.

They produce a substance called sebum (this keeps your skin and hair moist) and too much can create the spots. Normally it pushes up through the hair onto the surface of the skin keeping it healthy.

Everybody has a bacteria known as Propionibacterium acnes if you have too much the white blood cells kick it’s arse and then in turn this can damage the dermis which allow the sebum to enter the dermis.

The build up can cause swellings known as papules – red bumps – which is likely what you are describing. They can also get worse and produce what looks like boils in more serious cases.

If you have a rash of these it best not to get tattooed until the inflamation goes down.

The issue you have is that if you do suffer from acne many of the standard treatments involve using Azelaic acid or Benzoyl peroxide.

These need to be avoided as they cause the top layers of skin to peel off and can fuck a tattoo up seriously badly.

The same can be said for the use of retinoids – which cause skin peeling.

My best advice is :

Wash the area twice daily with a unscented soap and pat dry. (Breaks down the oils).

Lower the amount of fat and sugar in your diet.

Avoid steroids or any other muscle enhancers (unless a medical requirement) – too much testosterone dumped in the bloodstream is a major gateway to acne.

Avoid anything with petroleum as this has oils that build up in the skin and are not easily absorbed and can increase the problem as the skin already has excess oils.

Tetracyclene antibiotics may help in short term but need a Dr as all antibiotics have a limited use and can lower immune system.

Sunlight/Sunlamps – Short term they dry out the oils but can do long lasting damage to both skin and tattoo.

Red Ink

Griffter – it is not your care of the tattoo the red inks often contain toxic oxides which are pretty tough on the body and so will flush them much harder than say inert compounds. Check out my ebook for further details on what is in tattoo inks.

Other

Peeps I am not sure what triggered the responses but try and treat each other with respect – the reason that this forum is so popular is that everybody’s input is valued and we treat each other like people not like a punchbag.

If you think the info is wrong post up more questions or say why you think it is wrong – that way we all learn.

Anyhow hope the info helps. 🙂

Take Care
    Matthew

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Hey thanks sherav ill give that stuff a try and i guess i’m going to have to change the diet a bit to see what happens, I have had this problem ever sense i can remember. For me it’s more like little white bumps that pop like acne put doesn’t look at all like it. And thanks for clearing that up that is the reason i come here is to chat with nice people that are sharing there stories and helping each other out, unlike most forums. I don’t now why it started but the PM pissed me off. So BIKER what ever triggered your message, if your willing to put it in the past then fine. And for future reference correct me if im wrong im just sharing my experiences with people, so they can gather as much information as possible before the have made up their mind.
    Thanks for the advice on the skin problem

Cheers
    Marcus

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Marcus

It is never a problem – the reason I love this place is it sets me challenges for my mind and we all benefit from it.

Yes I had the same problem with the whiteheads and red bumps for ages then i cut out drinking sugary drinks and my skin cleared up in no time at all.

I still get the odd spot (doesn’t everybody) but for my face and such i use a facial scrub and non-scented soaps (dove – got a moisturiser in it) and works great.

I found aquaphor or tattoo goo is good for the healing period of a tattoo as I have really sensitive skin.

Take Care
    Matthew

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Hi Sherav

Were abouts can you buy this tattoo goo? do they have a website? My local shops us h2ocean do you know anything about it? Thanks again for all the advice

Cheers
    Marcus

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Marcus

I have not personally used H2ocean myself but it has been given the thumbs up in a lot of tattoo magazines and seems to be very popular.

Looking at the ingredients it seems fine to use on sensitive skin.

I am not really one for promoting products but I have to say tattoo goo was the dogs bollocks when i got my hands on it – my mate had some and I tested it out on my third tattoo.

Their website is http://www.tattoogoo.com/

You really have to test a little and go with what is best for you.

Take Care
    Matthew

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Thanks Matt

I got one more question. You really know your stuff. I work in a Manufacturing plant and i get chemicals on my tattoos pretty much everyday. I immediately wash them once done that task. But my tattoos seem to fade around a year because of this. Is there anything you would recommend? right now everyday im using lubriderm.

Thanks again
    Marcus

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Marcus

My concern is what chemicals are touching your skin? (Benzoates, alcohol, parafin, diimethyl sulphoxide etc?)
    If they can damage your ink that quickly you maybe at risk of dermatitis or worse – you need to check out your health and safety.

My advice is wear protective overalls on your exposed skin such as plastic sleeves – whilst i know this maybe uncomfortable it will stop the chemicals making contact with your skin and blood stream.

Alternatively you could use a barrier cream

http://www.medsupplyco.com/Products/ListProducts.cfm/CategoryID/151

The downside of these is you would need a lot of moisturiser on your skin daily as these can dry your skin out horribly.

First step is block exposure through overalls.

Second step is try a barrier cream.

Hope that helps

Take Care
    Matthew

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Hey Matt

Thanks, some of the chemicals are just regular oils, windex, a chemical called rust check that we use on our rails(CNC router tables are what we manufacture). Summer time in our shop is just way to hot to wear anything long, you’ll end up passing out. I’m going to look into that cream you mentioned and start bring moisturizer to work and using it there. ALso aluminum, MDF and Lexan Shavings.

Cheers
    Marcus

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo

Although I don’t have ink on my arms…I do get the kind of “little white bumps” that are being discussed. My doctor told me that rather than ACNE which can be cured with diet/meds/hygiene…that the little white bumps are sebaceous cysts…and the icky stuff that comes out is not pus (which would mean bacterial infection) but a mixture of sweat/ dead skin/ sebum (see Matthew’s posts). He also said that “popping” or attempting to “pop” these only aggrevates the problem…and they should go away with some exfoliation and time.

Red Ink– Again, Matthew is right. Reds, yelllows and oranges are “Hard to hold” inks. It has to do with the oxides used to tint them and most people require a touch up of these…I have one that’s be recolored 4 times and I still need work done on it.

Now…everyone needs to play nice. Assuming we are all ADULTS and not still CHILDREN who feel the need to bully someone to make themselves feel better- we should act as such. Personally, I choose to ignore immature “cyber-bullies” simply because I have way to much going on r/t to worry about some idiot online.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.