ericpfisher
    Participant
    @ericpfisher

I have friends who donate plasma to get the cash, haha. For me, it’s usually holiday things: graduation, birthdays, Christmas, etc.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

When I was 18 and living at home I would bring home at least $400 a month from a part time job. That could easily afford some nice tattoos.

I just sell stock when I need alot of cash to buy something. Otherwise save up, don’t go out to dinner or buy other stuff.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

If you ever get to be a regular customer with an artist they often charge you “mates rates” as opposed to “stranger walking in the shop rates”

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

I have to save personally when I was 17-19 living at home yea I was getting Inked every few months , nowadays its once or twice a year.

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

I ink myself where i can reach….hehe

xander
    Participant
    @xander

is it hard to tattoo your self ?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i prefer to tattoo myself at least i know what im getting at the end of it lol, and nah its not hard, its just the bits you cant reach that piss you off…..and getting a good stretch can put yourself in some pretty weird positions:D

xander
    Participant
    @xander

i guess your right arms a bit of a bugger lol 😉

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Well, me personally when i was 18 now 20 i was pulling in 40,000 a year. I only have a brand new car as far as expenses so i pretty much have loads of money for other stuff. Some people get lucky and get a good job at a young age and others have rich parents who buy them and some people save there money, these are usually the ways people afford tattoos.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I let some of my poorer clients pay as they go, if they can only afford an hour thats what we do, some people come in and give me money each week towards their tattoo also to build it up till theirs enough for what they want, i think all people should have good art, this way im ensuring that the people who normally couldnt afford it, can. I’ve been know to do a few freebies too……….. ssshhhh!!! Sometimes i’ll also touch up some of there old work while im at it.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.