breanna.
    Participant
    @breanna

I want to get a tattoo, symbolizing or saying “trust no one” i looked on google for the chinese symbol and got a couple;

trustnoone.gif
    tzz134.gif

i also like this; http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/meganessen/103_0008.jpg but i don’t get the point of the faces?

any help is good thanks.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The faces represent the dual nature of humanity. They came about in theatre as they often wrote plays that were either a comedy or tradegy (or usually a comic tragedy where you felt both sorry and laughed at the victim).

The use of masks is also a representation that people hide behind either a facade hiding who they really are, or have a different mask or face according to the demands of the situation, but never really showing their true feelings.

The term ‘unmasking’ is where a person is stripped of all guile and illusions and you see who they really are.

Great tattoo though and very apt use.

Take care
    Matthew

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo

Personally, I really am not a fan of the “trust no on” tattoos…however I did see on design that I thought was interesting. It was a little boy with a huge pencil…basically it looked like he wrote “Trust No One” in script. I (almost to a fault) trust most people…and I should know better…but that’s a different subject.

breanna.
    Participant
    @breanna

thanks for the info. 🙂

^ and yea a couple people told me not to get it, but i really want to so. i was thinking about one of these faces
    http://tattoo-art.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=136&ref=4

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I was giving some thought to your tattoo and how about this design idea.

You could have a face half covered with the smiling mask and the rest torn away so it is like jagged flesh showing.

But instead of showing the real face you have the sad half of the mask showing through underneath.
    Maybe add some tears from human looking eye.

That would suggest that even at first glance and second glance you cannot trust somebody.

If you want the two masks I can dig out some examples of betetr drawn designs than the one on the link provided.

Let me know
    Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.